#𝟬𝟮𝟭- do you like it?

Începe de la început

when he noticed that dahlia's frown was still visible on her face no matter how hard she tried to hide it, daniel placed the cups of coffee down on the table before directing his attention onto his girlfriend who was sat on the sofa beside him.

"what's on your mind? and if you say nothing i will be going and getting a spoon to hit you with it."

"oh I'm so scared." dahlia teased, waving her hands in fake surrender, daniel rolling his eyes at his girlfriend.

"you should be." daniel teased back, the couple exchanging glances- both of them initiating a staring contest before daniel broke out into laughter.

"now explain."

"i will later- right now i wanna spend my birthday happy and with you." daniel looked at dahlia, before nodding his head as he knew that dahlia would explain it all later to him tonight.

after saying that, daniel leaned back on the sofa, a smile on his face as dahlia moved her attention onto the presents daniel had displayed beside the balloons.

daniel was always one to spoil someone for their birthday, especially the girl sat beside him who held a large and contagious smile on her face. even though he had spoiled her and was excited for her reaction- daniel was still anxious to bow she would actually react to it all.

dahlia was the type of girl whom hated getting presents for her birthday, in fact she hated getting any type of attention on her birthday as it was just another day for her. daniel could recall the multiple times dahlia would either hide her face away or showcase a fake smile due to being embarrassed by being sung happy birthday by family members and or friends.

the amount of times daniel has told the restaurant waiters that it was dahlia's birthday just to see her embarrassed would make him laugh. the way she would shy away into his arm- daniel knowing that is the only time dahlia would ever get shy in a situation. however, that shyness would not last long as daniel would know due to him receiving glares from his girlfriend, her eyebrows furrowing, making the lines on her head become visible to the blonde boy.

"-ow! what was that for?" daniel exclaimed, rubbing his hand against his head since having felt a sharp pain in his head thanks to the girl smiling beside him.

"whoops- wake up dolly daydream."

"did you just quote peter from narnia to me?"

"you bet i did- and the fact you mentioned narnia now makes me want to watch it-"

"lia you literally watched it yesterday."

"i don't care." dahlia hit back at daniels words, him scoffing before pulling the girl into his arms- giving her a squeeze. wiggling herself out of his grip, dahlia gave daniel a quick peck- the girl watching daniel grow shocked at the sudden affectionate gesture.

dahlia went back to opening her presents, daniels heart rate increasing so much so that he felt it beating in his stomach, that just confirming his theory that he was anxious to see how dahlia would react.

as time went on, daniel anxiety flew away, him no longer feeling the effects of being nervous- the clamminess of his hands having disappeared, his heart rate having grown back to beating at a steadier rate. inside some of the presents clothes- this already winning dahlia as even though she had not asked for these, she was appreciative that daniel had even noticed that she had been debating to buy the clothes that were before her.