Chapter 11: too late?

Marshall's pov:
I was going for my daily snack when Ame came sprinting up to me. I shot her a confused look. "It's Aveline she looks horrible. I saw her come out for the first time in a week today and all she did was go to the kitchen and grabbed water and sleeping pills. Her doors locked and I think she might be doing something stupid. I didn't know who else to come too. I'm sorry" she rambled. It then hit me. She wasn't was she? She couldn't. Did I really drive her to this? In almost a millisecond I was banging on her door pleading "Aveline open the door please" she didn't reply for a while but I head the rattle of the sleeping pills Ame said she had followed by a quiet "I'm sorry I wasn't good enough for you Marshall. Goodbye" this couldn't be happening. Rage filled me as I took a step back and booted the door open. I frantically looked around her room and saw she was no where in sight. I jiggled the bathroom door handle and it was locked. I sighed and asked "Aveline are you in there?" After getting no reply I could hear her heartbeats start to slow down. "Aveline move out of the way" I yelled as I slammed my body into the bathroom door sending it off of its hinges. And there she was laying on the ground, with an empty bottle of pills by her side, struggling to keep her eyes open. I scrambled to her side gently laying her head on my lap. Tears welling in my eyes. "What have you done Aveline" I whispered. She looked at me one last time and mumbled an "I love you" before her eyes closed. I sobbed as I held her in my arms screaming "I love you" back at her. I jumped to my feet with Aveline in my arms and ran to the medic department in the castle. She was immediately taken off of me and rushed into a room. I watched as they pumped her stomach and tried a variety of ways to keep her heart going. One of the doctors ran out to me. "I'm sorry your majesty but I don't think she is going to pull through" he said with a sympathetic smile. I pushed him up against the glass. "SAVE HER GOD DAMMIT" I screamed in his face. "Sir there isn't anything we can do. The last option is to give her some of your blood so if she does die she'll resurrect into a vampire" he stated calmly. I looked at him in disbelief. Is this what I really wanted to do. I slowly let go of him and sat with my head in my hands. If I did this then we could be together but she could also hate me. Seconds later another doctor rushed out saying "we're losing her. You have to make up your mind now" I couldn't lose my mate. My heart ached for her and within an instant I was at her side getting my blood taken and injected into her blood stream. "We'll try our best to save her sir" the doctor said and I just nodded. I can't believe what I had just done. She didn't want to be one of us. She was surly going to hate me. I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard a beeping noise. I frantically looked around and almost fainted when one of the nurses yelled out "she's flat lining" and I was pushed out of the room. I stood frozen at the window as I saw my love take her last few breaths.

It's been days. I've sat here for days watching my love lay there lifeless. I was confused. Normally after dying with vampire blood in your blood stream you wake up a couple of hours later. Not days. What's wrong with her. The doctor walked in and was checking her. "Why isn't she waking up?" I asked panicky. "Well we aren't too sure sir. We think it might be the sleeping pills interfering with the transition making it take longer than usual or maybe her body is rejecting the transition" he stated simply before walking out of the room again. I squeezed her hand and gently kissed it. Cold and lifeless. I mumbled over and over again "I love you Aveline please wake up" Aveline suddenly shot up out of bed and started feeling her self up and down. "Aveline you're awake" I exclaimed pulling her into a passionate kiss. Only to be pushed away and glared at. "What the fuck did you do to me?" She spat bitterly. Before I could answer she yelled "I HAVE NO FUCKING HEART BEAT. IS THIS A DREAM. IT BETTER be a dream" she whispered the last bit.

Authors note: gah I've got writers block. I'm just really dragging this along :( think I might stop this story ~Jess