Chapter 4: xander

Aveline's pov:
As we sat at the dining table I noticed that all the girls were practically drooling over Marshall. It was disgusting. My back ached and I just wanted to go home. I wanted to know how he was going to pick his 'mate' out of all the girls. I was hoping if he didn't pick me then maybe just maybe he would let me go home. I hope Neve is okay. Oh Neve how I miss her and her comforting hugs. I wish I had my best friends shoulder to cry on. Don't ask me why i was thinking of her at this moment. I did t really know myself. I sat up straight and turned my head to look at Marshall. "How are you going to choose your mate?" I asked bitterly. Marshall was shocked by my sudden outburst but quickly recovered and said "I'm going on a one on one date with all the girls to see who I connect to the most" I sighed "great I have to be alone with you" I mumbled and he shot me a glare. I kind of forgot that vampires have very sensitive hearing as I glanced around the table noticing I was getting glares from all of the girls. I nibbled on the fruit I had chosen for breakfast while looking at my lap. I'm strictly vegetarian. I bet he won't like that. I snickered to myself. After breakfast we were allowed to roam some of the castle. I just went back to my room. Maybe a shower would help my aching back. So I undressed and turned the shower to the right temperature before stepping in. At first I winced when the steaming water hit my back but then it started to feel good and I let a moan slip out of my mouth in pleasure. After about 30 minutes in the shower I decided to get out. I wrapped the towel around myself and looked through my closet for something to wear. I put on matching black lace bra and underwear and scoffed at how perverted Marshall must be. Marshall bursted through the door as if he was listening to my thoughts. I blushed as I was just in my underwear and quickly grabbed my towel to cover myself. "What do you want" I groaned. Marshall smirked "you have a beautiful body" he cooed. Next thing I know I'm pressed between the wall and Marshall's rock hard chest and thats not the only hard thing I could feel. His crotch was pressed up against my thigh and it looked as though he was having trouble trying to control himself. "You're so different Aveline. You're so energised, so smart, so exquisite" he purred against my neck. I let out a shakey breath. He was so sexy. I wanted to run my fingers through his hair and mould my lips with his. Aveline listen to yourself. Stop. And now I'm arguing with my own mind. He's driving me insane. Marshall traced his lips across an invisible line that trailed from my ear, down my neck, and across my face until he was lingering just above my lips. While drawing invisible shapes with his fingers on the bare skin of my hips. A moan escaped my mouth and a shocked expression across my face. Marshall smirked as he tucked a piece of wet hair behind my ear. He kissed the corner of my lips and then he was gone. I let out a breath. "Fuck, what is he doing to me" and finished getting dresses.

About two hours later I decided to go for a walk. As I was walking down the hall Ame ran up and started walking with me. I glanced at her with a confused look and she just grinned at me. "Is there a reason as to why you're looking at me like you're a psychopath who just killed someone and got away with it?" I asked. Ame laughed "Aveline you're so funny. But yes there is. I just went on my one on one with Marshall" she smiled joy filling her eyes. And then I saw it. The two little puncture marks at the base of her neck. I clenched my jaw "you let him feed from you?" And Before Ame could reply I stated in a hushed tone "That's disgusting" and only got a frown from Ame. She then walked away without saying another word. I sighed. I keep pushing people away, I officially have no one. I didn't even think if they were the scars from when she got turned. That's if she was a vampire that is. I walked past a room and glanced in for a few seconds. It was a library. All made of glass. I waltzed in and flicked through a couple of books. Skimming the pages while tracing the pages ever so lightly. "You like to read?" A voice calmly asked from behind me but it didn't sound like Marshall's voice. I spun around and saw a man not as tall as Marshall, a bit shorter, golden eyes and brown silky hair. He's smile would make any girls knees weak. "Yes I love to read. Who are you? I don't think we've met" I asked cautiously. "Well dear Aveline I'm Xander. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." He said. Confusion etched across my face. "How do you know what my name is?" I shot at him. Which only caused him to chuckle. "A pretty girl like you I'd bet everyone knows who you are" he said quietly in my ear and then stepped back again which caused heat to rush to my face. "Well Xander I must be getting back to my room it was nice to meet you" I said as my eyes raked his body. "Nice to meet you too miss waters" he said and then disappeared into the shadows.