Chapter 7: Neveah Meets Sneak Attack

Start from the beginning

"I was so worried about this new school year. New school, new people. I didn't think I was going to survive." Riley told her two best friends. "Not only am I surviving, I'm thriving, I'm like a plant going like this," Riley makes an awkward pose, Neveah raises an eyebrow. "What was I so worried about?"

Neveah looks into the classroom and sees Missy flirting with Lucas, her eyes widen and she secretly taps Maya who looks, Maya's eyes widen and she quickly covers Riley's eyes.

"What are you two doing? Oh this is too easy. It's Maya, I know because Neveah was standing next to me and you placed your hand over my face. I'll do you now." Riley goes to cover Maya's eyes, Neveah sighs and looks at her innocent best friend.

"Oh that's not the game." Maya told Riley putting her hands in her jacket pockets.

"What's the game then?" Riley looked at Neveah to elaborate.

"The game is protect the plant from the bi- bulldozer in the pink sweater." Neveah explained to the brunette as she bit her lip at the almost curse word.

"Oh, Ve, Maya, bulldozers don't wear pink..." Riley trails off as she looks into the classroom and sees Missy flirting with Lucas. "Huh." Riley walks away from the door.

"You okay?" "Want me to drag her?"

"Yeah I'm okay and no Ve you stay right here." Riley assured the two and slides down until she's sitting down on the floor.

Neveah and Maya slides down on each side of her. "Oh, look what the bulldozer did to you." Maya said.

"There are other girls, in this world." Riley said sadly.

Neveah nodded her head. "There are."

"And other girls, like Missy Bradford are going to talk to Lucas," Riley continued.

"They are," Maya agreed.

"I don't like that." Riley admitted.

"We know," Maya and Neveah said simultaneously.

"I wish the world was just us three." Riley looks at the two girls.

Neveah and Maya looked at each other then Riley before giving her a smile. "Then it is." Maya told her, Riley smiles and leans her head against Neveah's shoulder, with Maya leaning her head against Riley's.

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Sneak attack. December 7th, 1941." Cory lectured his class, as he stood in front of the class.

"A date which will live in infamy." Farkle answered in front of Neveah.

"A date? They're going on a date? In Italy?" Riley turns to look at Neveah with a semi pout on her face.

"No honey. You're in History." Neveah tells the girl, Riley's eyes widen as she looked even sadder.

"I'm history?" Neveah looks at Maya and made a face 'do something' she mouthed.

"Okay, put your hand up." Maya lifts Riley's arm up.

"Yes Riley? You have a pertinent observation on the subject of the sneak attack?" Cory asked knowing that, that wasn't really the reason of her arm being raised.

"'May I be excused?'" Maya said.

"My eyes see my shoes." Riley repeated completely wrong, Cory looked at Neveah who points to Missy and Lucas.