"No," she said sternly, forgetting her fucking place and pissing me off in the process. "You aren't about to go to the middle of the forest to meet up with his brainwashed sister," she pointed at Oliver who groaned at the remark. "-And a psycho dude."

"He's your ex and she's the co-captain of your cheer squad, if anything you should consider who you are associating yourself with," I hissed back.

Her light blue eyes burning into my dark brown. Her fierce attitude was fucking with my mind, I hated her, but at the same time, I would never want her to look at anyone else than me.

"Too much sexual tension, can we just go back home?"

"NO!" we both yelled at the blonde, who rolled his eyes and banged his forehead against the wheel.

I didn't have time for this. "Drive me there or you will regret it," I threatened.

"And here I thought we were beginning to get along..." he mumbled under his nose and started the car.

For the rest of the drive, Isabel has remained silent with her hands crossed against her chest and eyes burning into my side.

"This is creepy..." Oliver whispered as we drove further into the dark forest. "I feel like someone is about to murder us..."

I scoffed at how weak he was.

"Shut up idiot, we just going there to talk, right?"

I nodded but haven't looked at her, prepared to beat up the dude who hurt my Alexis if that's what it took for him to back off.

"I think I see them," he pointed at two figures standing by the car, with a large lake behind them.

Shifting in my seat I was preparing myself to deal with yet another mess. "Perfect stop here," I ordered and turned back to look at Isabel who was still grumpily staring at me.

Cute.

Ugh... Not the time, not the time.

"You drive back," I told her with a demanding voice, so she knew I wasn't joking around. "And you are coming with me," I informed the boy, who simply gulped.

How in the world was he older than me?

"I'm not go-"

"Stop it!" I yelled feeling frustrated. Why couldn't she understand I didn't want her to be a part of something like this. "Leave the car," I snapped at Oliver who at this point didn't have to be told twice. "This isn't funny, why are you so fucking stubborn," I said through gritted teeth.

"I'm not some helpless girl you are used to being around," she huffed. "I can take care of myself-"

"-so do I" I interrupted. "I don't know whether you thought you could become some sort of savior of mine but let me make this clear." I leaned closer, both of us staring so deeply into each other's eyes I believe we could see all of our insecurities coming out to the light. "I'm beyond repair," I confessed with such certainty she saw I meant it.

"There's nothing to fix, only to prevent, which is what I'm trying to do, you fucking dumbass," she drastically raised her voice. "Let me be there for you," she emphasized, her eyes holding an unknown emotion. I wish I knew what it was, because my heart ached, and I just couldn't understand why.

The answer didn't want to come out, almost as if I had to push it out of my mouth. "No," was all I had to say before leaving the car and opening her door.

She observed me for a couple more seconds before slamming her shoulder against mine as she walked into the driver's seat. Not looking at me any longer she nodded towards the blonde and took off.