Chapter 31 ~ quiet

Year 7

TW: SMUT

I was trying to prepare breakfast with Hermione one morning with the rest of our supplies when Harry came back inside.

-'How is the weather Harry?' I asked him. Hermione was silent in the past two days. And this is not something specific to her. I understand her. I know that what she feels about Ron is not like what she feels about Harry or me. I feel it. She is not paying attention like she used to before, and I'm afraid this is not good, because we need her capacity of finding details more than anything. I also hope Ron will come back. I see that Harry is affected too, even if he doesn't want to show it. Ron is, after everything, still his best friend.

-'Cold. I'll warm up a little bit and I'll go out again.'

-'But it's my turn.' Hermione lifted her head up from the vegetables she was cutting.

-'No. You two stay inside, ok? And about what I said that you are not doing enough, I'm sorry. I was angry. I'll probably be dead by now if you two wouldn't be here. What are you doing?'

-'Umm... improvising. There is not much food left you know...'

-'I was thinking about going to the Godric's Hollow.' he looked at us. 'If Dumbledore left me the sword, the answer must be there. There was a woman, Matilda Bagshot. Dumbledore must have left her the sword.'

..........................................

I was listening to the radio one day with Harry. Hermione was out doing her shift. It must have been a muggle frequency because I could recognise most of the songs and Harry seemed like he did too.

He sat up taking my hand into his, lifting me up from the chair. I followed his lead, wrapping one hand around his shoulder. He pulled me closer to him by my waist, leaning his head on my shoulder, both moving in the music's rhythm. I could feel his heartbeat against my chest. He was alive. We both were. For a moment I managed to forget about all the problems we had. Everything that matters now is him. This moment that I wish would never end. It reminded me of the simpler times that seemed to have happened ages ago. What is life if you are not living but surviving? This is the life I wanted. Him and I, together like one. To feel his breath brushing my neck. His hands holding me close to him. His lips pressing on mine. His eyes watching every movement of my body. His nose to smell my perfume everyday. His ears to hear my voice calling his name, telling him how much I love him. His heart to beat for me and me only. I wanted us.

................................

A couple days later we were standing in front of the house where Harry's parents were killed 16 years ago. I felt a cold shiver down my spine as I stepped inside. I looked at Harry. He seemed to handle the situation really well. Sometimes I admire this side of him. How he is able to hide his feelings. And I realise how many things we have in common.

We walked in the cemetery later that evening. I grabbed Harry's hand as we walked to his parent's place like I feared he would run away. We reached the tombstone. Their names were engraved in the cold stone like it happened just yesterday.

I waved my wand and created a floral wreath over their grave. He used his sleeve to wipe a tear of his cheek.

-'They would have liked you. They would have adored you. They would have wondered why are you with me or what did I do to you to like me.' he offered me a weak smile. I placed my head on his shoulder. I heard kids caroling near.

-'I think it's Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas Harry!'

-'Merry Christmas Arya!'

-'Arya come here!' Hermione called me.