Chapter 17 ~ the day after

Year 6

The next day I started to feel a bit anxious about what happened that night. I left Harry's dorm early in the morning and we didn't talk too much. I went upstairs to my dorm and layed down on my bed looking at the ceiling. I don't know how this will change our relationship or it will continue to be the same and this thought gives me anxiety.

I avoided Harry in the corridors, preferring to use longer paths to get to my classes. Even in the charms class I avoided to look him in the eyes and he definitely noticed and grabbed my hand as we headed out of the class at the end.

-'Arya, there's something going on?'

-'What? No, Harry I'm fine. I am just rushing to the next class.' I tried to smile at him.

-'Come at my dorm tonight. I feel like you need to talk with me about what happened.'

-'Harry, I kinda need some space right now. It's that ok?'

-'Sure... umm... Or you can come whenever you feel ready. I understand what you might feel.'

-'What about tomorrow night? Is it good?'

-'It's perfect!'

~Harry's dorm~

-'So, do you want to talk? Are you angry at me? Did I do something wrong?' Harry asked.

-'You didn't do anything wrong, I'm not angry at you.'

-'Then why are you avoiding me?'

-'It's just... I don't know how our relationship will be from now on. Or what do you think about me now...'

-'You don't have to be ashamed. I love just as much as I loved you before, even more. And about our relationship, nothing has to change. I think it will be even better.' a smile spread on his face. 'Come here!' he pressed my head against his shoulder, kissing my forehead.

-'How could you think I would consider you, I don't know... disgraceful? For sleeping with me?'

I started to laugh, releasing all the tension from the last couple of days.

-'Why you gotta be stupid sometimes?' he said ironicly.

-'It's better than being stupid all the time, like you.' I joked.

-'Fine, you asked for it!' He started to tickle me. He knew how much I hated even when he was moving his fingers on the side of my waist when he was kissing me.

-'No, Harry! Stop... fuck! Go away.' He pulled away grabbing his wand as I pointed mine at him.

-'Peace! I'm sorry. Let's do something else, ok? Just lower your wand... that's it love.' he said as I put the wand back in my pocket.

-'If you do that again, I swear I will not care that you are my boyfriend. I have an idea. Let's see where Malfoy is right now. You still have the map.'

He unfolded the map on his bed.

-'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good' I love to say this.

-'He's in his dorm. He is probably sleeping.' he said, pointing his wand to Malfoy's name.

-'What's that? In Luna's room.' Harry asked.

-'Oh God, Ginny is there! I knew it.'

-'How?' Harry asked confusedly.

-'Well, after last year we became pretty close, I can say. We have talked about a lot of things. Besides, it's obvious. They are always together. All I hope is that this is the only map and nobody else has a copy or something... that would get us in trouble, especially me.'

-'No, this is the only map. And when were you gonna tell me about Ginny and Luna?'

-'You never asked' I smiled at him. 'Mischief managed!'

-'Would you like to come somewhere with me?'

-'When?'

-'Right now. Come on you are going to love it.'

~The astronomy tower~

-'We are not supposed to be here, Harry.' I complained.

-'I come here often in the middle of the night when you are not with me. Come look at the sky.'

I closed one eye so I could see through the telescope.

-'Harry, it's amazing!'

-'I told you are gonna love it. Do you see that star? In the corner.' I nodded my head. 'It's called Sirius. When I miss him, I look up and it's like he is still somewhere, watching over me, over us.'

I could feel shivers down my spine when he confessed his thoughts to me because he doesn't usually do this.

-'Now choose a star whichever you want.'

-'That one. On top of the Big Dipper constellation.'

-'So that will be our star from now on.'

I turned my face to him. He was smiling. He deserves to be happy and I hate that he has to go through all this.

-'My parents would have loved you. I think they are happy though, that you are with me and I don't have to go through everything alone, you know?'

-'If you are going to say another word I swear to God I'm gonna start crying so bad and I don't think you want to see that.'

We both bursted out laughing and returned to his dorm.

~The potion classroom~

I was sitting close to Hermione, like I usually did in every class when Harry and Ron opened the door. I looked over to Hermione to meet her eyes. We thought they would not attend this class this year, but I guess if Snape is no longer the potion professor, the rules have changed.

-'Idiots' Hermione whispered to me when they started to fight over a potion book.

-'Can somebody tell me what this potion is?' professor Slughorn asked the class.

-'It's Amortentia, one of the most powerful love potion. It has a different smell for each person. It's the scents they are most attracted to.' Hermione answered.

I wasn't surprised when I felt the smell of the books from my favorite muggle library, bananas and Harry's specific scent. I looked over at him wishing I could know what he smells.

-'What about this one?' Slughorn asked again.

-'It's liquid luck. A potion who makes you lucky for an entire day, but overusing it causes big problems.'

-'Very good, Miss Blake. 5 points to Hufflepuff. And today this is going to be the big prize to our contest. Who manages to brew the best sleeping draught wins this' he pointed to the little bottle filled with golden potion.

I really wanted to win but my potion did not look like how it was supposed to, but neither did Hermione's. I watched over to Harry's potion and it looked perfect.

-'How did you do that?' I asked him.

-'Smash, do not cut' he answered calmly.

-'Are you stupid? It says cut!'

-'No, for real' he turned his book to me. Then I noticed weird indications on the edges.

-'Did you write that? You are not supposed to!' Hermione almost hit him.

-'Calm down, I didn't. That's how I found it.'

-'And the best potion was made by... Mr. Potter! Congratulations, you must have inherited some of your mother's abilities' Slughorn announced.

-'Yeah, sure!' Hermione whispered to me.

-'Apparently, this book was owned by the half blood prince. Weird name but it has good indications. And some interesting spells.' Harry said, examining the book.

-'We gotta see what they can do' I said.

-'No! We don't know who this person is. We can't just cast spells we don't know what they do' Hermione barked at us.

Harry and I looked at each other. We would try them anyway.