《 Chance II 》

Start from the beginning

I heard her sniffles as I walked closer, sitting on the edge of the bed

I lightly pat Maeve's head while taking Y/n's limp and freezing hand in a soft hold.

"Papa," Maeve sniveled. "When will mama wake up?"

I suck my lips into my mouth, trying to hold back any signs of a break in my attempted stoic expression.

"Soon, hopefully..."

A few minutes into comforting Maeve, there is suddenly a small rise in the sheets where Y/n is.

We both whip our heads in the direction of Y/n, both our faces lit up indefinitely.

Y/n's once pale and frail body was now turning back to normal, along with her beautiful s/c skin returning to its original colour, she was getting warmer.

Nothing changes about her from before she got stabbed, she looks the exact same.

When she starts breathing, both of us start to get excited.

I look at Y/n with anticipation as I gripped her hand.

Y/n's eyes strain open, and that's when both Maeve and I start joy crying.

"Ray... Maeve..."

She speaks in a whisper as she cracks her eyes fully open.

"Y/n!"

"Mama!"

I am overfilled with tremendous amounts of joy as I kiss all over her face and pull her and Maeve in for a hug.

"What... Happened?" she says, her voice slowly returning its normal volume. She suddenly pulls out of the hug with a frantic look.

"Isabella! Did I-" she sucks in a breath. "Did I save her?? Did I save the kids?? How're the kids???"

I nod with haste, "Yes! You did, and everyone's okay!"

She narrows her eyes as delighted tears spill from her eyes, she hugs us again and cries out loud with a wail.

This gets everyone's attention, my mother and Emma are the first ones in.

"Y/N!!!"

Yodels Emma, she shoves me and Maeve out of the way and tackles Y/n in a bear hug.

Y/n coughs and rapidly hits Emma's back to show she's choking, she lets go and the rest run in, more happy cries fill the room, and everyone hugs Y/n.

"WHAT? WHAT'S GOING ON WHAT HAPPENED TO Y/N?!" yells Sonju as he pushes past everyone else.

He bends over to look at her in the eyes, due to his freakishly tall height.

"What happened to you?? Why is everyone crying??"

Y/n chuckles nervously and scratched the back of her head.

"Well, uh... That's kinda a funny story actually..." she nervously laughs.

"I kinda... Maybe sorta... SacrifiedmylifetoprotecteveryoneandRaysmombecauseIdidn'twantanyonetodieandfoundoutIactuallyhavetwocoressonowl'musingmylastcoretowakeuprightnow."

She said very quickly.

"WHAT?!"

Sonju booms, almost dropping his spear but making sure to not since there are children next to him.

Mujika walks up to her and starts to rapidly shake her, Y/n's head bobbing around like a bobblehead.

"YOU IDIOT! YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN ANYONE NOT TO SACRIFICE YOURSELF LIKE THAT! WHAT IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE TWO CORES?! WHAT IF YOU HAD JUST DIED?! IT WAS TOO RISKY!!!" she yells.

Y/n's speech stutters due to Mujikas rapid shaking.

"I-I-I-I go-o-o-o-o-o-ot i-i-i-i-it!"

Mujika stops shaking her and Y/n nods her head with a dizzy smile.

My mother walks up to her and hugs her, Y/n still a little dizzy.

"Sweet child, I'm so glad you're alive." she smiles. "I'm sorry for the way I treated you back at the house."

"Oh! It's quite alright Isabella!" she dismisses with a smile.

Next is all the younger kids, they all jump on her with a hug, including our daughter.

"Y/n!!! We were so scared that you actually died!" Mark cries.

"Stop fake dying! My heart can't take it!" scolds Jemima, waving her arms around.

She pets their hair and smiles.

I smile too.

I'm so glad you're alive, my love...

fun fact: coconut crabs live in the Indiana Ocean