《 New Future 》

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⓍⓁⒾ

"So, Emma, Y/n. And all of you. What do you plan to do now?"

Asks Isabella as I heal my forearm. Watching my s/c meld itself back together as if it was never there and that Emma didn't apologize multiple times because of it.

"We're going to retreat, for now." I tell her after the cut finishes healing. I pick at my nails while looking at the ground.

"But we're glad. Because we wanted to ask you since we got to Gracefield." says Emma.

"Let's go to the human world." she offers them.

Isabella displays either a look of horror or shock. I honestly couldn't tell the difference at this point.

"Once everything is over. You should come with us. Y/n and I already made it so it was like that."

More like you did and I sat there and watched after getting answers about my pendant, but alright.

"Of course, that's only if you want to."

Isabella sighs.

"We'll stay here

"We'll stay here. We appreciate the offer but-"

"Get over it already." interrupts Ray.

He walks towards Isabella.

"You were sick of it, right? If you have regrets, you should take care of them in the human world."

"Yeah, like how I have to go to anger management once we get there." I say casually while folding my arms behind my head.

Ray glanced at me and rolled his eyes and looked back at everyone else.

"I'm glad I'm alive. It's because I'm alive that I can atone for my sins and clear my conscience. So it's fine. Nobody holds grudges. No one will resent anyone. So let's go. All of you. With us."

Well, I actually hold grudges and I resent people. But that's something I gotta work out in therapy.

Hopefully the human world doesn't only use shock therapy as means of exorcising those inner demons inside of me.

Ray had taken my hand and pulled me towards him. My nose made a soft impact on his shirt as he kissed my head.

The kids, including Maeve, join to try and convince the moms to come with us. Running up to them and clutching their dress with their tiny hands.

Eventually, it's enough to make Isabella ugly cry.

Oh my god, her face morphs so much when she cries.

It's like seeing a man cry.

"I'm sorry! And thank you, everyone!"

"Then it's settled, just a little while longer, and we'll leave this place." I say as Maeve runs back up to Ray and I.

"Until then, Gracefield will continue to operate. But we'll all be waiting."

Isabella nods. "The demons and the Ratri clan don't know about our betrayal yet, but we'll handle it."

We talk more about what we're going to do whilst I pet my daughter's hair, looking at the ground.

Emma waved goodbye, so did Maeve.

"Alright! We'll be going!"

We're held back because a message has been sent to us, the mothers got our attention to this.

It was my Oji Leuvis.

Huh?

He was ordering everything, a wide pointed smile stretched across his face

My demon smile with my sharp rows of teeth starts to show.

No more farms.

No more human meat.

"LONG LIVE KING LEUVIS!"

Wow.

You did it.

You crazy son of a bitch. You actually did it.

You restored order.

The others looked at me with concern. Indeed a human suddenly having the same smile as Leuvis with such outstretched lips was not flattering, or friendly looking at all.

I don't bother to wipe it off, in fact, Maeve starts to smile like I am right now, her teeth sharpening with extra rows rising.

We're both in a very... Joyous mood right now.

Everyone begins cheering.

"We aren't food anymore!"

"We can live!"

"We'll have normal lives!"

"I don't have to be next in line for the throne!"

Yes, I was most happy about that at first.

"We're free!"

"That means..."

Emma and I look at each other, and we both nod.

ⓉⒽⒺ ⓃⒺⓍⓉ ⒹⒶⓎ

Right when the bell rang to wake up all the Gracefield kids, Emma and I sprinted through the brush and to the house we knew too well.

"Phil!" Emma and I call.

"Emma? Y/n?" he calls.

All three of us start crying.

"We're home! We're finally home!" we say with wide smiles, tears pouring down our faces.

Phil cries as well upon seeing us.

fun fact: a bird called the wandering albatross has the longest wingspan at 10 ft 2 in (3.1 meters)