◤Not Alone◢

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ Ⓧ

Norman sighs and rubs his eyes to focus.

"With that cliff, there would be no need for security," he tells us.

"So there's no other way?" Emma asks.

"No, there is..." Norman takes out a piece of paper, he writes out a plan for us and where Gracefield is located so they all have a general idea.

"Y/n, how much security is past the gate?" Norman asks.

"Packed. There are demons and adults everywhere. Also, there are cameras. So that's most likely not a possible route for us." I tell them.

"But I have a different plan that wouldn't be so much as a risk as just passing through," I added.

I told them my plan, and Norman shakes his head.

"Too risky" Norman draws a light X through the picture with the gate.

"Y/n, is there any other way besides the wall and gate to get us out, do you know?"

"No, I don't know of any other way. But there could be a way to get across the ravine, maybe through a large bridge we can make." I theorize.

"Did you know of the cliff beforehand?"

Emma asks me.

"I did. But Isabella is forcing my mouth shut about a lot of things. She expected Norman to try looking over the wall. If her expectations were wrong, she would know I told you all."

Norman waves it off.

"It's fine."

We continue to chalk up a plan until Emma takes the paper and hides it.

She sits next to me and Ray while there's a knock on the door.

Phil comes into the room.

"Norman! Mom is calling for you!" we all knew what that meant.

"I'm sorry I lied." Norman turns to the doorway. "I couldn't afford a mistake."

"Wait, Norman!" Emma says, right as she does. Norman hugs all three of us.

"So warm," he says.

"I had fun." I, Ray, and Emma's eyes are wide open, comprehending our final goodbye.

"I was happy... I was fortunate." Norman tells us.

I see Ray's eyes well up with tears threatening to spill

"Damn it." he mutters.

"I-it's not still too late to run away, run and hide in the forest?" Emma grips to Norman's shirt, almost crying.

"As I said, I won't change my mind..." he smiles.

"See you." Norman walks out the door.

Like the other two, I had a hard time processing it. I didn't know him as long as Ray or Emma have, but he was also one of my first friends in a very long time.