「 My Musume 」

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⓍⓍⓍⒾⒾ

Everyone's heads, besides Mujika and Sonju, snap over to me.

"Wait a second," Emma pieces everything together.

The queen looks over at her.

"It took you this long to figure out? Oh my. I'd expect a little better from a top class farm." she scowls.

"Musume means daughter. Mei means niece. And-"

"Oji means uncle..." Ray finishes with a horrified look on his face.

Sonju, Mujika, and I are completely silent.

The queen, or rather, my mother starts bursting out laughing maniacally.

"HAHAHA! WOW! I'VE NEVER HAD MORE OF A BETTER TIME IN MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE!" she sing-songs in a delighted scream. "What a delight to scare others!"

"You'll kill me, dear younger brother? Really?" she asks. "Not only were you born a prince, but you followed the ancient faith and ran off with my musume and the evil blooded! How was Y/n eating this entire time??" she asks.

I stay silent, not telling her I drank Mujika's blood to stop my need for human flesh.

Silence is enough to piece together the answer, she growls.

"My sweet musume..." She swivels over to me. "You didn't actually drink that cursed blood, right?" she asks.

I keep silent until she slashes me with her long fingernail.

"Answer me."

She demands.

(my inner parental figure issues are coming out while writing this whoops-)

(then again the queen is canon a borderline psychopath sooooo-)

"No."

I lie.

She answers immediately.

"I don't believe you." she booms.

"You all are the betrayers," Sonju speaks up

"Greed caused you to turn away from the truth you needed to follow, and greed made you ignore your musume, strip her from all her food and let her starve as a way of teaching her a lesson. You and the aristocrats distorted everything with that stupid promise. And in addition, you tried to erase the power of the evil-blooded." he scowls.

"You make me sick,"

My mother shrugs.

"No matter. I no longer have any interest in you. My goal all along was to try and teach Y/n how to rule like me. But ever since you took her from me, my plan was ruined."

I suddenly burst out, "I don't want to rule like you!"

Now the rest of them have turned to me, listening to me spit out all my feelings I tried to bury deep down until death, because I never thought that I'd ever even had to see my mother again before this.