「 99 Regrets 」

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⓍⓍⓍⒾⒾⒾ

Status.

Honor.

Strength.

Praise.

Wealth.

Delicious food.

It's all the same to me.

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

"It's a little girl! The queen had a little girl! Praise the demon king!" calls a town citizen.

"Mama! Papa! Did you hear?! Our queen had a little girl! Oh, how I wish I could meet her!" cheers another.

"What a miracle!"

"I bet the princess is amazing!"

"I bet she looks wonderful!"

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

"Y/n, why won't you eat your food? It's your first Tifari. You should be eating up."

Tells my mother, taking another bite of her...

Steak...

I sigh and reluctantly eat the food. Trying not to make a sour face.

This tastes disgusting.

I thought, forcing myself to eat more.

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

"Mama,"

I call for my mother's attention. She was eating, as usual.

"What is it?"

She asked.

"Can I meet the townspeople?"

I ask, hoping she'd say yes.

"No."

Was her response.

"Why?"

I ask.

"Because you don't have enough power yet." she continues. "Wait until you grow older, people will respect you more. If people respect you more, then they're more likely to do your bidding."

I sigh.

"But I want to make friends."

I tell her eagerly.

"Isn't having your stuffed cow enough? Or all the gold and riches we have?"

I stay silent, clutching my chibi styled stuffed animal.

She takes my silence as something completely different.

"Oh, but of course! We can never have enough of anything! How could I have let this slip my mind, such a thing! You're right," she picks me up and puts me on her lap.

"My dear Y/n. When you rule someday, you must strive for more than me." the jewels all glitter in my eyes as one of my tiny clawed hands lightly grip at my mother's dress.

She pets my hair. "One day... You'll be great."

"