「 Minerva's Tree Town 」

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⓍⓍⓋⒾⒾⒾ

"Mama," calls Maeve, she's holding her head in her hands. I kneel down.

"Yes?"

"My head hurts..." she tells me.

"Aw, okay well have you drank enough wa-" I pause when I see the top of her head.

Her horns grew bigger.

I bite my bottom lip from saying anything else.

Has anyone else seen this yet?

I think to myself.

"What, mama?"

"Uhh, I was going to say maybe you haven't drunk enough water." I suggested as I give her the glass jar of water. She drinks some and I stand up to tell Ray.

I shake his shoulder, we were still walking and following Hayato and Jin still.

"Hm?" he says.

"Ray, Maeve is growing horns." I tell him. His eyes widen.

"What?"

"Maeve is growing horns." I tell him as if I didn't already know she had really small ones to begin with.

Within minutes the whole group knows, besides Maeve that we may have a demon child on our hands.

"She has the same physique as Y/n though, and she hasn't been experimented on!" Emma whisper yells, Zazie was walking with Maeve and keeping an eye on her while the rest of us were trying to discuss what we should do.

"Well, actually..." Hayato scratches his head. "You'd be surprised what happens in some of the mass production farms."

We all look at him, concerningly.

"What does that mean?"

Sandy asks.

Hayato sighs. "Let's just say, some of the demons who run the mass production farms don't exactly treat some of the humans like slabs of meat..."

It immediately clicked in my head.

And I felt absolutely sick.

I covered my mouth upon piecing it together, the others looked disgusted beyond belief.

What a horrible thing to do!

And I thought the intelligent farms were bad at a point.

Jin perks up, "Usually if something like Maeve's case happens, they'll throw out the child, or sell it as regular meat with the horns butchered off"

I lean forward a little, "So, you're saying... Maeve is a half-demon who was born in a mass production site?" I ask.

Jin nods. "Based on the branding on her hand, she was going to be raised to sell off and cut off her horns when they fully grew."

Hayato chimes in, "She was lucky Minerva had set up thievery on that day!"