◤Unforeseen Decisions◢

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⓋⒾⒾⒾ

Krone set her suitcase down.

"Grandma," she said.

"Hello. Wheres Y/n? She was supposed to come to report in person today." I hear her foul voice once more.

Krone undid the latches on her suitcase and I slithered out like a snake.

This was one of the only times I folded my cane, I folded it back out and used it to help me stand.

I decided to stay silent while Krone decided to try and rat my friends out.

As much as I wanted to strangle her right now, I knew Sarah wouldn't believe her automatically.

"They are being kept under control, right?"

The question sounded more directed to me, but she let Krone answer, to which she did with stunned silence.

This prompted Sarah to keep talking.

"If they are kept under control, then there are no issues." she firmly stated, then trailed off a bit.

"Just like how it was back in my day." she finished.

"You mustn't try to drag Isabella down, Krone." she talks directly, "It'll become troublesome to me."

"May we offer the best plate at the Tifari, and may the farm have maximum profits."

Called it.

I sigh.

Krone is stunned silent. Until she turns around and starts maniacally laughing, which was very unsettling.

I back up with Sarah, all the time she spent trying to get the mom position at the best plant has been foiled.

The gate closed and a demon had walked out from behind us to her, which stopped Krone in her tracks.

We were watching Krone attempt to defend herself against the demon with the small pocket knife she had. I watched with Sarah silently.

"Y/n! Grandma! Get this thing away from me! Please!" we both still watched silently.

I knew Krone was only a pawn for Isabella's game, she was going to die eventually.

This wasn't something I could control. Sarah had told me way before that if Krone had failed to do her job she would be exterminated and threatened me once more if I got in the way.

"Everybody dies. This is just your time to die, Krone." I said emotionlessly, eating a candy cane Sarah had given me since she knows about my most likely unhealthy obsession with these kind of sweet mints.

The demon had gotten close enough to pierce her heart with the vida, she screamed in pain as she fell to the ground. I winced while the whole time Sarah had an iron-clad grip on my shoulder to keep me from stopping the demon.

Her grip was painful with her long nails, her grip alone made me freeze in place as pain shot through my veins. I resisted the urge to quiver from the pain.

The flower turned red and the wilting dry leaves green within a few seconds.

Krone was dead.