◤New Job◢

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ Ⓘ

My shoes clack against the smooth concrete of the halls as I make my way through all the different adults and demons to return back to my room after experiments.

I had to maneuver my way through many different workers ranging in size as I finally make it up to my small room here and land on my bed. Fatigued can't even begin to explain how I felt.

The usual scientists that perform experiments on me had informed the higher ups and me that today was going to be my last day for a few weeks due to them being called over to Lambda to experiment on some new kids with potential, which gave me a pr...

The usual scientists that perform experiments on me had informed the higher ups and me that today was going to be my last day for a few weeks due to them being called over to Lambda to experiment on some new kids with potential, which gave me a prodigious heaping amount of joy. Hoping that I'd get some sort of a break.

They also informed me that my skin might go through changes and, maybe even all peel off to get the toxic and probably dangerous chemicals out of it, which is extremely unpleasant to think about. Since the chemicals seem to have irritated my skin a great deal.

I guess whatever doesn't kill me decides to try and irritate me instead.

Even though I can't get rid of its effects now, the rashes still annoy me to an uncomfortably large extent, why did they have the ones that were the strongest anyways?

I get a call on my room phone, I groan and get up from my large and nice bed to pick it up. "Hi, can you hear me, whoever this is? I don't care. Bye." I was about to hang up before I heard speaking from the other end.

"Is that how you greet Grandma?" says the old lady at the other end.

Oh great, it's her.

I raise the phone back up to my ear and squeeze my eyes shut to prevent me from speaking with attitude, something she hates.

"Oh hi Sarah. What is it you desire?" I say in the kindest voice I can muster while I twirl the curled cable around my finger.

"We need you for a job, please meet me at my office." I openly groan and receive a scowl from her on the other end of the line.

I slam the phone shut and fall backward on my bed, dreading having to actually get up until I force myself to slip back on my shoes and go to her office.

I knock on her door, and a demon answers. I sit in her office, she and two other farm demons present, scrunched down with their heads and horns squished to the top of the ceiling to fit.

I don't need to be watched anymore. You can go away.

Sarah speaks up as I focus my attention on her.