(Mini Story 1) The Surprise Visitors

"She isn't our little girl any more Anthony. She is growing up." Said Elizabeth as she and Anthony sat in the garden watching their children run and play.  Katie is now 10 and just as stubborn as her father with many opinions of her own, following her mother in that sense. Katie is a simple girl.  A year after Katie, Gideon was born. Surprisingly the boy isn't radbuntions like most of the Bridgerton boys in their youth, he takes after his aunt Katherine and his grandmother Violet. The thought final child was Henry He is now 6 and is the sweetest most cheeky boy the Bridgerton family has ever seen surpassing his Uncle Colin by a long shot. Elizabeth now a few months pregnant with their little surprise loves just sitting watching her beautiful children. 

Anthony on the other hand can't seem to come to terms with his little Katie soon being a young woman. "Preposterous!! She will always be our little girl!" 

"Darling, we have to let Katie grow up." Explained Elizabeth giggling to herself at her husbands stubbornness on the subject. 

"She is growing! I just won't allow for her to stop being my little girl!" 

"Mama!! Papa!!" The three children yelled simultaneously while running up to the garden benches were Elizabeth and Anthony sat. "Their is a carriage coming down the lane!"

Both Elizabeth and Anthonys heads shot up to look down the lane, they weren't expecting anyone. As the carriage rode closer the detailing showed to be one of their own family. 'Now which Bridgerton is it?' Thought Elizabeth.

Katie took Henrys hand and took off running towards the gate that leads to the front of the house. Gideon sombered after them. 

"Alright my dear, place you're bet who has come to see us this fine morning." Elizabeth said as Anthony helped her to stand. "I would have to guess mother, she loves spontaneous visits to see her children and grandchildren. And what of you?" replied Anthony. 

"My guess would be Eloise or Colin neither have the patience for sending a visit proposition." once the couple stepped through the gate excited giggles of their children was drawn to their ears. "Mama, look it's Uncle Colin and Miss Penelope!" Katie said as she hugged Penelope. 

Miss Penelope Featherington is loved by all the whole Bridgerton family and could almost be considered one. Penelope has been acquaintance for many years. 

Elizabeth couldn't help but think about how Penelope has grown. her fiery red hair has cold to a more auburn ton framing her rather slim face compared to her younger plumpness, and the dresses she now has herself wearing is much more pleasing than the awful yellow her mother put her in years ago. 

Though why Colin and Penelope arrived together is giving Elizabeth and Anthony lots of unanswered questions. "Hello brother, Penelope" Anthony giving a curt nod than a questioning look to his brother. Colin just smiled in response. "Hello Pen." said Elizabeth walking to give Penelope a hug. Once Anthony sees that none of his questions will be answered while they chat at the front steps he invites everyone in.  Penelope, Elizabeth and the children all go in first.  Anthony asks if Colin has something to discuss with him in his office.

 "No this is something I want to tell you together, with Penelope." With saying this Colin walked into the sitting room, Anthony not far behind. Colin took a seat next to Penelope while Anthony stood behind Elizabeth resting his hand on her shoulder as well as on Gideons who was sitting beside his mother. Katie and Henry sat together on the Chaise Longue. The room grew silent, even the children didn't speak. Colin looked to Penelope and she reached her hand to his. Colin squeezed her hand slightly and found the courage to talk to his brother.

"I have asked Penelope to marry me!" Colin practically blurted out. "And her family is aware of the proposal." 

Anthony freely let his mouth hang open. While Elizabeth let out a laugh and said. "Took you long enough!" With a large smile on her face she jumped up and hugged them both in a warm embrace. All the children could comprehend is that Miss Penelope would be their aunt and to say they were over joyed would be an understatement.

   "Will you truly be our aunt Miss Penelope?" Asked Gideon who for once was squirming in his seat with excitement. "Yes!" said Penelope with a smile. Anthony had yet to say anything. "Brother?" asked Colin who was now standing facing Anthony. Anthony sternly said  "As head of this family id like to know before hand next time, though this doesn't seem to have a next time." by the end of the sentence Anthony had creaked a grin. "Colin, Penelope I believe congratulations is in order." The concern on Colins face was gone. The brothers gave each other a firm hand shake the look of endearment heavily on their faces.

The evening went smoothly after that, Colin and Penelope stayed at Aubrey Hall in separate sleeping quarters so they could leave in the morning. 

*Sorry Short Chapter 😳*