(12) The Reveal

Anthony couldn't stand to be even on the same property as his wife, what she had been doing for almost a month was sickening, Elizabeth may not love me but you would think she would be half decent as to abide by their marriage.

Elizabeth had dressed and was now sitting in the library waiting for Anthonys family, they hadn't visited them yet since the wedding and you could tell that Anthony hated not being their for Eloise as she debuted but since he knew that Eloise had no intention of marrying it put him at ease.

"Elizabeth!" Shrieked Hyacinth as she ran into the house her mother following in behind ready to scold her for her impropriety. "Hello Hyacinth!" Elizabeth said as she went to give Hyacinth a hug, Elizabeth loved Hyacinth's energy and enthusiasm as she reminded her of her younger self. "Elizabeth dear, how are you?" Lady Bridgerton said after she finished glaring at Hyacinth who just grinned in response. "Quite lovely, Aubrey Hall is really quite beautiful." Responded Elizabeth taking Lady Bridgerton's hand. The three walked out of the library to the entry room where the other Bridgerton's had been standing. Colin, Benedict, Daphne and her husband and their first child Alexander who was only 1 1 months, Eloise, Francesca, and Gregory all stood and took their turn giving Elizabeth a hug. "Where is Anthony?" asked Colin as he looked around the room. "I'm afraid, I don't know, he left this morning and I haven't seen him since, he didn't tell the help where he was headed either." said Elizabeth with a look of deep thought as her expression. "Well if I know Anthony he is probably just held up in town and will be here soon." replied Elizabeth. "Well I believe myself and whomever wishes to come shall go and hasten him along." said Colin as he turned on his heels making his way to the door, Benedict and Simon followed Gregory wished to go to but Lady Bridgerton denied his request. With the men gone the ladies minus Gregory and Hyacinth, who wished to go and play in the garden, went to the sitting room for tea.

"Where the devil could he be? Elizabeth made stricked instructions that we be back to the house before dusk." Simon stated looking at his pocket watch. "Well we have checked all the usual places he would visit since his marriage but I believe we should check at his usual were about before he got married." Benedict suggested with a frown. "As much as I hate the idea I think you are right. Off to the brothel we go then." said Simon. The group had rode to the brothel outside of town and went inside, Simon being the only married man felt a great deal of guilt even entering this establishment of whores and alcohol. "Benedict I believe your suspicions were right." Colin said as he pointed to a drunk Anthony sitting in the corner. The three marched over to him all showing a great deal of disappointment in his direction. "What in the bloody hell are you all doing here." asked Anthony as he took a drink of his brandy. "We are here to find you, and if I may ask what in the bloody hell are you doing here." asked Simon sternly. "Oh just looking for some fun." said Anthony coldly. "Your married." said Benedict he had been good friends with Elizabeth and to see his brother disregard her importance made him want to blow Anthony's brains out. "So is she." Anthony mumbled while standing up and walking past the group to the door. "So is who?" asked Colin. "Elizabeth. and yet she has no problem disregarding our marriage and finding another to suit her needs." Anthony said quietly but with great anger to the trio. "What the hell do you mean' find another to suit her needs' she loves you." replied Benedict with a look of disbelief. "Well lets just say that she has been finding comfort in the hands of the help." Anthony said turning not wanting to reveal the whole situation. "You must be mistaken." said Simon sporting the same look as Benedict. Anthony though he was going to explode, his friend and family was taking his wife side when she was the one in the wrong. "Oh I am most certainly not. You know that scraping young gardeners, well Elizabeth has been sneaking off with him doing what ever the hell she likes. I find no fault of mine in that scenario." Anthony said jumping on his horse, the others doing so as well they all road back to Aubrey Hall, Anthony didn't wish to speak to the others, so he rode his horse as fast as he could go, the others falling behind.

Anthony leaped off his horse walking inside. He was in search for his wife, he needed to confront her, he walked the halls till he made it to the sitting room peering inside he saw Elizabeth, Eloise, Francesca and his mother. He didn't wish to confront her with his mother or sisters present so he walked in grabbing Elizabeth's arm and pulling her out the room into the next it was a guest bedroom but Anthony didn't care. What he need to say had no preference of rooms.

"Anthony what are you doing?" Elizabeth said as she reached her arm away from Anthonys grasp. "What am I doing. The real question is what have you been doing?" Anthony said as he glared into Elizabeth's eyes. "I beg your pardon?" replied Elizabeth. "Oh now you're going to fain stupidity, we'll miss Elizabeth what have you been doing all this time, I thought you had common decency yet all you are is a common whore." Elizabeth stood shocked at his allegations. "How dare you call me that." Elizabeth yelled now furious. "How dare I, that is what you are, you have been fucking the gardener for God knows how long and you don't wish to be called a whore for it." Anthony yelled his tone riddled with sarcasm. "I don't know what you may have seen to come to that conclusion but I am most certainly not in any physical relations with the gardener." Said Elizabeth her tone was low and deafening that sentence alone made Anthony gulp. "Now if you wish to see your surprise I should think you would follow me." Said Elizabeth leaving the room walking at a quickened pace waving to the other Bridgerton's who tried to make it look as if they couldn't hear their conversation. Elizabeth had lead the group to the stone wall making her way through the gate the sun was setting now and the staff had made a walkway with light candles leading them. Once the group could see their final destination their mouths dropped, the fountain was stunning with the water flowing up and through the top of the umbrella making it look as if the statues were under rain fall it was truly breathtaking but Elizabeth wasn't in the mood for it. "Surprise!" Elizabeth yelled with a fake smile, she had enough and her fake smile was gone she turned to walk back to the house. She was practically running, tears had begun to stream down her face, she made it into the servant doors and made her way to her bedroom, no one questioned her as they all knew the truth and had heard the misconception. Now in her room she feel to her knees. She couldn't help but feel angry, humiliated and most of all hurt. How could Anthony even think that of her.

Anthony had put the prices together and now stood his face had no expression, the rest of the family had moved to the other side of the fountain giving Anthony room. It had been a near minute since Elizabeth had stormed away and Anthony couldn't help think of what he had done he quite possibly ruined his marriage with the woman he loved. Anthony's mind was still foggy but his feet had made up his mind he was now running back to the house.