「 My Musume 」

Start from the beginning

"I hate eating humans, it's wrong! And I think the way you rule only benefits yourself! You don't care about the other demons in the capital, you never did!" I keep my eyes glued to the floor the entire time as I said this, occasionally sneaking glances to see how everyone else reacts.

"If I ever became queen in replacement of you, having to eat humans every year for the Tifari, I wouldn't be able to live with myself! How do you live with the fact that you have eaten millions of other children who had lives and emotions and people they cared about?! The mere thought alone is repulsive to me!"

My hands ball into fists, I control my building anger and just stand there, waiting for a reaction.

My mother grumbles under her breath, and everything is silent for a few seconds.

My eyes do not move away from the floor.

Wow, that's some very nice and elegant, blood splattered, golden tiles if I've ever seen some.

"You're a disappointment."

Says my mother.

I grit my teeth as I listen to her talk.

"Such a shame. I could have taken you under my wing and rise you to great power. You could have been so much greater and excellent than you are now, messing around with humans and the prophecy. Instead, you choose the path of unfaithful betrayal, like your Oji Sonju..."

I suck in a shallow breath to hear what she finally remarks herself with, "No matter. I guess I should have never set my expectation bar so low when you can't even reach beyond the ground." I scoff at her statement.

Mujika walks over and it leads to the three asking what is happening to the queen.

"Queen Lagravalima has two cores, since you destroyed one, she revived herself with the other. It's a secret passed down ever since the first king. I don't know much about it either," she looks over at me.

"What about Sonju?"

Asks Emma.

"No, he doesn't

"No, he doesn't." I answer. "My mother is the only one with that ability among her siblings."

"What about you?"

Asks Norman.

I scratch the back of my head, "I've never actually thought about it, but it's possible since I think I'm her only child." I shrug. "My mother never told me if I had two cores, or if I have any other siblings who might have it either."

I bite the inside of my cheek as I make side glances at my mother and my uncle, who looks as if they are preparing for a battle.

"God damn..."

I hear Ray whisper, he's looking at the ground.

I see his very puzzled expression as he tries to absorb all the new information.