THIRTY-EIGHT

"What are you doing here?!" Jugyeong asks, shocked

"I met Suho at the gate and told him to invite his gi-" Her dad explains but I cut him.

"Sir!! Can you perhaps show me where the glasses are so I can get a glass of water?!" I yell, panicked and, thankfully, he gets the hint and shows me to the kitchen, where I quickly explain that we are keeping it a secret from everyone for now.

"How come you're here?" I ask Seojun, confused.

"At the café..." Ju goes to explain but is cut off by Seojun covering her mouth and whispering something to her.

"We just hung out. Why are you two here, shouldn't you be on a..." He trails off when I death stare him and clear his throat.

"Never mind."

We all sit in a circle and finally start making the dumplings.

"Suho, these need more flour or they will stick," Mr Lim helps Suho

"Seojun, your dumplings are pretty," Mrs Lim compliments Seojun

"I made them before with my mom. She says if I make pretty dumplings, I'll make a pretty daughter," He explains.

"Mihyang must make pretty dumplings to make a handsome son like you. Are you popular at school?" She asks

"Slightly." He replies

"As if! He's nothing compared to Suho! He's practically glowing! Look at those bulging biceps!" Juyoung yells and rambles on. Why is he acting so strange at the moment

"My daughter is so lucky to have two handsome friends and such a beautiful best friend!!" She exclaims and pats my cheek, as I blush from her compliment

"You should stay friends with them... and choose one to date when you are in college..." She says to us and I smile but Jugyeong yells back "Why would I need to choose?", defensively.

"I vote for Seojun for Jugyeong!" Her dad yells and winks at me

"Why are we suddenly voting?!"

"My vote goes for Suho!" Juyoung chimes in.

"To be honest, I always wanted Seojun to date Jugyeong..." Her mom explains.

"Let me know if you want to attend my dad's meet and greet!!" Suho says and my eyes snap to him

I sneak my hand over to him and pinch his side hard. He looks at me and smile, clearly realising what he said

'Sorry, I didn't mean it,' He mouths and I just roll my eyes.

"Oh no!! I don't know who to choose..." She says and covers her face.

"Why are we voting?! Let's just be quiet and make dumplings," Ju says through her gritted teeth.

"It's fun. Whoever makes the best dumplings will get my vote!!" She laughs and I roll my eyes as the both of them start competing with each other again.

I watch confused as they start building a dumpling holder and Suho builds a dragon, whilst Seojun builds a crane. They are both amazing but why the hell is this happening?

"The dumplings look so professional. It's..."

"It's a neck and neck match," Mrs Lim cuts off.

"No, It's a dragon and crane match," He corrects and I look at Suho, feeling slightly frustrated and mad at him but when he turns to lock eyes with me, I just look elsewhere and avoid eye contact.

"What did you make this with?" Mr Lim asks, as he leans forward and touches Suho's dragon sculpture and I hold back my laugh as a dumpling falls, giving Seojun the win.

"Jugyeong, can you show me where the bath room is?" I ask and she nods before bringing me upstairs.

"It's just here. Come into my room after, okay?" and I nod before entering the bathroom.

Once I am finished, I go to walk to into her bedroom but I bump into to Suho. Before he can say anything, I walk into Jugyeong's room and he hesitate before shouting "Can I come inside?" to Jugyeong, who hides her laundry and then agrees.

"What are you doing here? We should be heading downstairs, let's go!!" She says and goes to pull us out.

"Can I talk to Violet alone for a second?" He asks, stopping her from pulling us out.

"Sure. Just don't be nosy," She says before running downstairs.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks as I turn away from him and ignore him. He walks in in front of me but I just turn in a different direction again, he does it one more time but this time, I stay still and pull out my phone and look at that instead.

"What are you looking at?! Listen to me!!" He says and grabs my phone.

"Hey give it back!!" I yell and reach up on my tip toes to grab it. We spin around the room and I soon start laughing as I try to grab my phone, before we fall backwards and land on Jugyeong's bed, with Suho on top of me.

"Violet? Suho?" I hear and before we can move, Mr Lim has walked in.

"Be careful!!" He yells as we stumble up

"We fell..." I explain, feeling embarrassed again.

"I know!! Suho, You remember what I told you right? Keep a healthy..."

"Relationship!"

"And stay..."

"Innocent"

"Good, now let's go." I look at him questioningly before laughing, and I head back downstairs, as Suho stays to help Seojun bring the table down.