Chapter Twenty-Four

── SAFETY IN WAKANDA ──

── ──

It took Steve around a week to rescue Alessia, Sam and Wanda from the raft where they were locked up. Alessia spent time without her abilities due to the shock collar resting around her neck to prevent her from escaping the raft. Tony had come to Sam and Alessia for information about Steve's whereabouts thanks to finding out the truth about Zemo being behind the explosion that had happened. Alessia was hesitant but Sam wanted to ensure that Steve had back up on the mission that could end very badly.

They were currently sitting in the Quinjet after Clint and Scott decided to stay and take the offers of house arrest to be with their families

They were currently sitting in the Quinjet after Clint and Scott decided to stay and take the offers of house arrest to be with their families. "So basically Zemo just wanted to tear down the Empire from the inside out?" Sam was shocked by Steve's retelling of the events that we missed. "I'm pretty sure that's what he said Sam," Alessia mocked. He rolled his eyes at her before turning back to Steve.

"So where are we going?" Sam questioned, a small smile appearing on Steve's face. "We are staying in Wakanda after the kind offer from King T'Challa." Alessia smiled at the idea of seeing Wakanda, she also knew that she needed to talk to T'Challa after what had happened at the United Nations before noticing the frown that appeared on Steve's face.

It didn't take Alessia long to understand the frown, "He made a decision, didn't he?" Sam looked between the two as Steve nodded. "He's going under, right?" Steve nodded again before letting out a breath. Alessia looked at Sam and stood up, "The choice is his and I'll support it." Alessia knew he was doing this because of his own fear and she couldn't stop him from doing what is right for him.

He didn't want to be controlled again, he didn't want to hurt any more people whether they were good or bad. Alessia knew what that feeling is like and how it affects a person, she was glad that she escaped the control of Hydra but Bucky hasn't. She was ready to wait however long she needed to for him to get better. Alessia loved Bucky Barnes with all of her heart and soul and if she had to wait forever, then she would. Memories flashed through her mind...

── ──

I rested my head against the wall as the soldier paced the room, "Why are you so tense soldier?" He stopped and looked at me, "Why am I locked in here with you?" I laughed quietly before shrugging, "Trust me, I wish I could tell you." We both stayed quiet until he turned to me, "What's... your name?" I looked up at him as he knelt down in front of me, "I'm Alessia, The Wraith." His eyebrows furrowed together, his eyes seemed lost as he looked at me.

He slowly placed his hand on my cheek, "I... know... you..." His voice was barely a whisper as I surprisingly leaned into his touch, it was warm and familiar. "Who are you?" I asked softly making him pull away, "I'm James, The Winter Soldier." I smiled as I leaned forward, "You have very nice eyes, they're so familiar to me..." I didn't know what urged it but he leaned forward brushing his lips against mine, he was hesitant at first but when I didn't pull away he leaned in more.

Our mouths moved in an almost perfect sync, lustful hunger built up between us and it wasn't long until I was seated on his lap. Like an electric spark, memories flashed through my mind like a tsunami that seemed to heighten my lust for something else that made me feel complete. He reluctantly pulled away, "I remember you, doll." I smirked as I leaned in again, lightly brushing my lips against his, "Bucky..." he smirked before kissing me swiftly.

"I'm sorry for forgetting you..." Bucky spoke softly as he ran his hand through my hair. "I can never stay mad at you..." We smiled at each other forgetting the nightmares that haunted us for a moment in time, just enjoying each other's company. I knew by tomorrow we'd forget each other but for now, the man I love was holding me tight and that was enough for me.

── ──

Wakanda is a beautiful place, the structures were mesmerizing and nature was relaxing. They made their way in where they were greeted by King T'Challa who then led them to our own floor. The moment she stepped through the door, she was engulfed by an arm and she knew instantly that it was Bucky.

Alessia lifted her head to look up at him, a smile resting on his relaxed face. "Hello handsome," He leaned down and kissed her instantly causing Steve to chuckle and Sam to fake gag. "We should talk," His relaxed expression faltered as she nodded, grabbing her hand she followed behind him. They made their way into a large bedroom with a modern design, a monotone theme.

Bucky sat down on the edge of the bed before patting the spot next to him, Alessia took a deep breath and made her way over. "I'm guessing you know why I want to talk to you?" Alessia nodded in response before he turned to look out the large window. "I'm not mad Buck..." He turned to her so quickly that she thought she had whiplash, "Your not?"

Alessia smiled before moving closer to him, leaning up to kiss him which cause him to respond instantly. She pulled away and rested her forehead against his, "I understand better than anyone else, you need to do this and though I hate the idea of being away from you," She closed her eyes, "I know this is what is best." She slowly opened her eyes, Bucky smiling at her.

Alessia sighed softly, "I trust that Shuri will find a way to help you and until then, I'll wait for you..." He went to speak but Alessia cut him off, "-I love you James Buchanan Barnes and I'd wait a thousand years for you to come back to me." He leaned in, connecting their lips again, "I love you Alessia Elizabeth Hart."

Their kiss became more and more passionate, she slowly moved to lay on her back against the bed as Bucky used his remaining arm to hold himself above her. Their lips moved in perfect sync as her hands made their way under his white tank top, his body shivered in response. She carefully pushed him to lay on the bed as he was clearly annoyed with the lack of two arms.

She moved herself to straddle his waist, a smirk appearing as she lifted her shirt over her head. "Let's take full advantage of our time together..." He nodded before pulling her down to kiss him again. Her whole body felt alight with Bucky, he made her feel alive with a single touch and though she'll hate being away from him, she knows they will always find their way back to each other.

── ──

It's been almost three months since Bucky went into cryogenics, once again frozen in time. Steve and Alessia had been doing missions for T'Challa as a thank you for housing them, travelling around and making deals or stopping bad people. It felt nice to be able to help out and save people and she could understand why Steve was so eager to do it.

Alessia still visits Bucky in the lab and she tells him all about the missions and adventures that Steve, Sam and Alessia have been on along with the training she's been doing with Wanda. Though Wanda had recently left and she knew it was because of Vision, Alessia knew that Wanda loved him and she would go to him eventually.

There's been an unusual spike in energy levels recently and Alessia couldn't help but feel like something is coming. She kept having these weird dreams of what she would assume to be the infinity stones along with a golden gauntlet. She's been dealing with more panic attacks and a voice that seemed so familiar to her and it always says the same thing...

'The wraith will succumb to the wounds, the wraith will fall...'

── ──

-Rose <3
{
1432}