Chapter Seventeen

TILL THE END

─ TILL THE END ─

── ──

Alessia ran as fast as she could, Steve running beside her as they tried their best to reach the door. Steve threw his shield, stopping the large door from closing, allowing them enough time to get out without a worry. She turned her head to Steve as he spoke "Till the end of the line?" Alessia smiled brightly at her best friend before nodding, "And until the end of time!"

She had picked up on the promise the boys had made for one another and after some petty arguing, we decided to add to it. Which was symbolic in its own way considering she was the new addition to their lives and now to their promise too. The trio was a force to be reckoned with and no one was willing to face them without their own army.

Once they got far enough, they gave Clint the all-clear and they turned just in time to watch the facility go up in flames. "Another Hydra base down," Steve and Alessia stood there triumphantly as Clint spoke. She finally took in a few deep breaths from the cool air before making their way towards the quinjet. "I'd say we earned a night of drinks!" She let out a chuckle as Steve rolled his eyes, "Do you keep forgetting that we can't exactly feel the impact of alcohol." Clint shrugged as we sat down.

It'd been quite a rough year but Alessia was doing better and she had better control of her powers now, so she wasn't against the idea of going on missions as it allowed them an upper hand on Hydra with her new powers and that had been her main mission since she first escaped Hydra years prior. Though the Avengers never failed to ask her if she was still doing okay, which she found quite sweet.

Alessia quickly picked up on The Avengers being heavily protective of her, especially after what had happened with Anderson and sometimes it proved to be quite annoying. Bucky was now Alessia's boyfriend after nights of pestering by Steve and Tony, and even he wasn't as protective as everyone else, though she was convinced that he wasn't because everyone else was.

── ──

The moment Alessia walked into the main area of The Avengers tower, two strong arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her into the owner of those arms. She lifted her eyes to be met with the steel-blue orbs that mesmerized her every time she looked into them, "You guys took longer than usual." He smirked slightly at Steve who rolled his eyes playfully at the PDA.

Alessia turned her head to Steve before letting out a chuckle, "Steve and I got tied up with a few rogue agents." Steve laughed before making his way over to Tony who was ordering someone around. She lifted her head back to Bucky's who leaned down instantly, sensually placing a quick kiss on her lips. "Alright lovebirds, We have a location on Loki's sceptre." Tony's voice interrupted the loving couple.

Alessia looked at Bucky as he interlocked their fingers before they all made their way into the main boardroom. Bucky stood against the wall with Alessia standing in front of him, his arms around her neck, draping down her chest protectively. "The facility that contains the sceptre is being run by Strucker." She tried to stop the sudden shiver, She knew who Strucker was.