Chapter Thirty-Two

ASHES TO ASHES, DUST TO DUST

─ ASHES TO ASHES, DUST TO DUST ─

── ──

The king's guard, Borderers and Jabari have little success fighting against Cull Obsidian's chain hammer - he continuously sent them flying back or hitting them into the ground. T'Challa gets free of the Outriders by him, leaps and uses all of his collected kinetic energy behind a punch that lays Obsidian flat. Alessia rushed over with her power and lifts Obsidian, throwing him away from the wounded fighters allowing them a chance to fall back from the front line.

"Come and get some, space dogs!" Rocket shouts a short distance away from Alessia, he stood in a clear spot of the field. Bucky, having come up behind Rocket, grabs him with his metal arm and holds him at an arm's length as he spun 540 degrees firing his own M249 at the same time. Alessia turned her attention towards the forest, large Threshers, sets of massive, motorized spiked wheels, intended for nothing more than shredding everything in their paths were heading their way.

"Fall back! Fall back now!" T'Challa shouted for his people. Alessia used her power to stop as many as she could preventing their people from being harmed, she forced them back at the Outriders but she quickly felt herself growing exhausted. Natasha with her escrima sticks and Okoye with her augmented spear have drifted together when they're suddenly in the path of a Thresher. Both women cringe at their seemingly inevitable shredding when Wanda lands in front of them with glowing eyes.

Alessia looked over from stopping her own few Threshers to see Wanda on the battlefield, she turned her head to see Proxima smirking at the Scarlet Witch before speaking into a comm. Alessia looked back to the building as she realised what had happened, she instantly rushed towards Proxima only to be stopped by Obsidian who growled at her. She knew that Corvus Glaive was heading towards Vision and she needed to get up there, she had to destroy the stone.

"Guys! We got a Vision situation!" Sam warned as Alessia dodged Obsidian's attempts to knock her down. "Somebody get to Vision!" Steve shouted through his comms fighting against the oncoming Outriders. "I'm trying!" Alessia spoke before Bruce approached Alessia in the Hulkbuster and threw Obsidian away from her. "We got him!" Bruce shouted as Alessia pushed off of the ground and followed behind Bruce who had finally figured out how to use the repulsor thrusters.

"On my way!" Wanda's voice came through the comms right as she is clobbered by Proxima Midnight's pommel causing her to roll down into a large ditch from the Thresher. Alessia looked back to see Natasha and Okoye standing with Wanda to fight against Proxima, she smiled at the sight before focusing on Vision who was fighting against Glaive and Obsidian. Bruce landed between Vision and the two opposing aliens as Alessia landed next to Vision to help him stand.

"Alessia..." Vision whimpered, she looked to him and nodded. Cull Obsidian jumped forward and grabbed Bruce's right arm and Bruce, in reflex, grabbed Obsidian's hammer; a jet fired, taking the two of them in a random direction. "Wraith..." Glaive spoke hatefully, Alessia stepped forward and smirked at the alien. The two rushed at each other, Alessia threw punches into the alien as he dodged them in an attempt to overpower her in her mostly weakened state.