Chapter Nineteen

BREATHTAKING VIEWS

─ BREATHTAKING VIEWS ─

── ──

Alessia stood there in the lab with Pietro and Wanda, debating whether or not she wanted to hit them or hug them. The being that Ultron was creating was now talking with Thor, Tony, Steve and Bruce while Clint and Bucky were watching the encounter.

They went through all so much trouble to get the crater away from Ultron only for Thor to bring it to life after Wanda had messed with everyone's minds, except for Clint and Alessia. Which was a good thing as Alessia was able to keep Hulk at bay saving the city from being torn apart, of course, the mild destruction still lead to the Avengers having to go to Clints' home for safety.

"I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain," The vision spoke willfully while looking around at everyone, "But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed." The pain in his voice was strong, "Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now." Alessia stepped forward as he floated down.

He sighed, "Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." Everyone watched in shock as he held Thors' hammer out to the startled god.

"Well, I'd say that he is trustworthy. What about you guys?" Alessia spoke up as she smiled kindly at the being as he walked away. "Spyro has a point, let's suit up before she kills me," Tony spoke before walking out of the room leaving Alessia smirking proudly. "You heard him!" Alessia shrugged before kissing Bucky's cheek and heading out of the room.

── ──

They began suiting up and getting ready for the mission to take down Ultron. "Ales?" Alessia turned to Bucky as he stood in the doorway of her room. "What's up, Bucky?" He walked over, placing his hands on either side of her waist. "Be careful out there," Alessia leaned up and kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

They pulled away, "We'll both be safe out there." He nodded before interlocking their hands and heading downstairs to the others. They made their way out to the Quinjet where Steve explained the plan to everyone, Pietro had raced into the police station to get them to help with the evacuation while Wanda used her abilities to make everyone leave.

Bruce was in charge of locating Nat and getting her and himself out of harm's way to prevent another tantrum by the Hulk. Tony was to keep Ultron distracted considering Ultron hated him the most while Vision was to shut Ultron out of the online web lowering his power over us.

Bucky, Steve, Thor and Alessia took the opportunity to help evacuate the Sokovian city in hopes to limit any causalities. It wasn't long until everything got a thousand times worse, "Tony, what's happening?" Alessia questioned through the comms. "We are being lifted into the sky, Ultron's turned this city into a world-ending asteroid," Tony quickly responded.