Chapter Twenty-Two

── MISSION REPORT ──

── ──

Alessia walked into the room, spotting Natasha instantly before approaching her. "Steve isn't coming, is he?" She questioned as she fiddled with her suit jacket. "You should expect that by now Nat, he doesn't want to be controlled." She gave Alessia a small smile before walking towards Prince T'Challa as King T'Chaka approached Alessia. "It's a pleasure to meet you," Alessia gave him a curt nod as she spoke, he smiled back before spotting his son.

"If you'd excuse me, Miss Hart." She nodded, thankful to be getting away from the judgemental look in his eyes. She knew her disagreement with signing the accords would lead to some unhappy people but she hoped they understood her perspective. Nat and Alessia made their way to their seats but she couldn't help the uneasy feeling she was currently getting as King T'Chaka spoke.

She turned her gaze to T'Challa right as he focused his attention outside the window before turning to everyone, "GET DOWN!" He jumped towards his father as an explosion went off, the impact threw Alessia into the wall while everyone had ducked beneath desks, pain seared through her body as she forced herself to stand up.

Alessia helped people evacuate the building as paramedics removed King T'Chaka's body from the burning building, she turned her gaze to the shaken up Prince as Natasha approached her. "You may wanna read this," Alessia lifted her gaze to Nat as she handed Alessia her phone, the news headlines showing a blurred picture claiming The Winter Soldier to be behind the explosion.

Alessia looked up at Nat, "There is no bloody way that it was Bucky and you know that!" Alessia began shaking as she realised that this was a perfect tactic to force him out of hiding. "I need to do something," Nat shook her head before leaning down to her, "You need to hide, I'll tell Steve. Let him help Barnes. You'll lead them to him." Alessia took a deep breath before agreeing.

── ──

Alessia headed to her car and got in, turning it on before driving off. She knew she was being followed by someone so she pulled into the rental place she got it from and returned it before heading on foot towards an apartment building. She knew how to lose someone thanks to her time with Hydra and it wasn't long till she was alone.

She ditched all of my things that could be tracked and headed towards the outskirts of the city, she was currently sitting in a pub getting some food and watching the news for any updates. The news reporter spoke in German, "German Task Force has attempted to apprehend The Winter Soldier but almost failed to do so due to Captain America when he got in the way."

Alessia felt uneasy as she noticed that they had been taken in, she got up from her seat and headed out into the chilly air and made her way down the street. "Spyro, I need you to come with me," She turned around to see Tony standing there. "You know this is bullshit right, he couldn't have done it," Alessia informed him. He gave her a small smile, "You being on the run prevents us from attempting to prove it."

Alessia let out an annoyed sigh before walking towards him, "Let's get one point across, proof or no proof, I'm getting him out." He nodded before opening the door for her to get into the car. Alessia never expected things to spiral out of control so quickly, but the moment the bomb went off everything turned to chaos and the world instantly put the blame of the explosion on Bucky.

And now Steve, Sam and Alessia were seated in a meeting room looking up at the screen watching Bucky in an enclosed cage-like cell talking to a psychologist. She was refusing to talk to Stark and she still had the extremely uncomfortable feeling in her chest, something about this just didn't seem right and it seemed that Steve felt the exact same.

Their instincts were proved right when the power went out suddenly, Agent Sharon Carter told them where to go and they made their way to him. Steve walked in first, approaching the sketchy psychologist as she stepped into the room. She heard the sound of metal whirring and instantly knew what that was, she ducked her head and kicked into Bucky's side.

"We've got a problem here, Winters' here." Sam and Alessia made an attempt to take Bucky down while Steve dealt with the fake psychologist. Bucky knocked Sam down, while distracted Alessia used her powers to carefully throw him into the wall, he managed to dodge it and grab her by the throat.

She tried to fight him off but she couldn't risk hurting him, black spots crowded her visions as his metal arm tightened around her throat. "I-I love you Bucky," Was all she managed to get out before passing out. She knew that she was powerful enough to stop him but she knew the risks that would come with it and no matter what, she couldn't hurt Bucky Barnes. A strange scene flashed across her mind as she hit the ground...

"How many outcomes Strange?" I questioned through pants as he turned to me, "14.000.605 different outcomes..." I looked around at the space filled surrounding, "How many do we win Strange?" He looked at me hesitantly before looking out to the stars, "There is only one outcome where we win." I turned to him, "Then let's make sure we win."

He turned to me, placing his hand on my shoulder, "You cannot say anything to any of them, we cannot mess with the path in place." I nodded in agreement as Strange continued, "Well, considering you haven't even gotten the time stone yet, I doubt I'm gonna be saying anything without looking crazy." I let out a shaky breath, "Everything is gonna change, we aren't all gonna survive, I can feel it."

── ──

Alessia opened her eyes slowly looking around the large empty warehouse-like building as her head pounded and her throat felt raspy and dry. "How are you feeling?" She turned her head to Sam as he looked at her with some concern before looking around the empty warehouse. "I feel great Wilson, where is my boyfriend?" He rolled his eyes before nodding towards the other end of the warehouse where Steve and Bucky were talking.

Alessia got up and made her way over, Bucky looked at her then looked down in guilt for hurting her so badly, he hated himself. "Don't go playing that game, it happened, I'm over it. What did the guy want?" Steve smiled at Alessia as Bucky pulled her into a hug, "I'll make it up to you, I promise." Alessia wrapped her arms around his torso, relaxing in his hold.

Steve cleared his throat, Alessia stepped out of Buckys' hold and turned to face them. "So what did the guy want?" Bucky let out an annoyed huff, "He asked for a mission report..." Alessia turned to Bucky as she noticed his uneasy expression. "What mission report?" He seemed hesitant about answering until she crossed her arms and then raised my brows in a stern stance.

He rolled his eyes before running a hand through his hair, "December 16th, 1991. Siberia." Alessia froze in place as she realised how severe this situation had gotten. "Bucky, we need to get to Siberia now. He'll let them out, Hydra's elite death squad is way too strong for us." Alessia turned to Steve who noticed her panicked expression, "Alright, let's move then!" Alessia nodded before Bucky kissed her head in reassurance then they went on their way.

── ──

Author Note
Nothing to do with the story but...
I'm currently watching Hamilton on Disney+ and I am so sad...

"Teach me how to say goodbye..."

"Raise a glass to freedom!"

-Rose <3
{1351}