Chapter Twenty-Five

── AWOKEN ──

── ──

I closed my eyes focusing my energy, allowing it to course through my veins. Every ounce of my body was radiating with this pure spark, I knew the risk but I had to do this. I focused my mind, relaxing on our last moments together knowing that we needed this distraction. Five years was long enough to know what my next move is, I can't sit by and do nothing. I slowly opened my eyes, there he stood before me in all his so-called glory with a smirk resting on his face believing he had won.

"There is one thing you forgot..." My injuries were more severe, I know what is happening to me. I have one last chance to fight back and for my family of misfits, I wasn't going down easily. "And what might that be?" He was being overly cocky, I allowed my power to surround me physically making him step back slightly. This time the smirk rested on my face, "We are The Avengers and we always win."

I forced all of my power to surround us like a shield knowing I needed to by enough time to prevent him from doing what he planned, I turned my head to the man I love, his eyes bore into mine and I knew what I was about to do would be worth the risks. I turned to the being in front of me, "YOU WILL ALWAYS LOSE!" I conjured my power at full force, draining my life force and with one shed tear, I let it all go...

── ──

"I wasn't entirely sure until now," Alessia looked into her reflection, her power surging around her in a protective manner. She turned her eyes to the Sorceress Supreme, her gaze already burning into Alessia's, "Of course, my dear." Alessia let out a shaky breath. "Alright, Again." She nodded and they got into position, Alessia prepared herself to at least be her equal instead of a step behind her.

She had been training with the Sorceress Supreme for a while now since the dreams began. She hadn't told anyone anything, she knew the dangers of messing with the fates. She knew everyone's destiny's and where they would end up, she knew who was safe to talk to and who wasn't. She was not ready for that conversation yet but she knew in due time, it would be worth every second.

She conjured the mirror dimension and ran towards the Sorceress Supreme, as she went to block my predicted punch, Alessia grabbed her arm and threw her over her shoulder. Alessia spun around and kicked her in the stomach, sending her across the room as Alessia's energy spiked. They continued to fight, an equal battle when Baron entered with Wong, both the Sorceress Supreme and Alessia bowed to each other as she lowered the mirror dimension.

Alessia turned to Baron, "Hello gentlemen." They both bowed to her as Wong spoke up, "We had a message sent for you." She wasn't expecting any messages anytime soon, "And what would that be Wong?" He smiled happily, "Shuri has reached out to inform us that James Barnes will be awoken from cryogenics this Friday to start his process of healing." Alessia couldn't help but smile at the news, she turned to the Sorceress Supreme.

She smiled before sending me a curt nod, "Remember to continue your training, we have a new face coming who will be important for the future." Alessia bowed to her before waving to Wong and Baron. Alessia made her way to her room and began packing her things before heading out to where she had left her own Quinjet. Alessia knew that Bucky had a long way to go but she was ready to be standing by his side through it, she wanted as much time with him as possible.

Within sixteen hours, she was finally back in Wakanda surrounded by its beauty. She always found peace in the nature of Wakanda and its culture, especially the food. She made her way into the main building and spotted T'Challa standing in the hall with his focus on the window, "Hello T'Challa, it's good to see you again." He smiled at her as she bowed to him, "Please Alessia, don't be so formal." She laughed as they hugged.

They began walking towards the lab, "We are happy to hear that your training has been successful. How are your memories?" Alessia shrugged as she looked at him, "My memories are restored and a constant reminder that even good souls can be tormented. What's the plan for Bucky?" T'Challa looked at her hesitantly before sighing, "I can't discuss it with you. The treatment will be handled without your involvement however, we still want you here." Alessia nodded as they entered the lab.

Alessia's eyes instantly landed on the one man who stood out to the rest, "We decided last minute to wake him prior to your arrival to allow him time to adjust." T'Challa smiled sheepishly as Alessia nodded, not taking her eyes off of Bucky. She let out a shaky breath before taking slow steps towards him as a smile widened on his face, "Hey Ales, it's been a while... I think." She laughed before throwing her arms around his shoulders, finally feeling whole despite the pit in her stomach for what is to come in the future.

Bucky and Alessia made their way to their room in silence, she wasn't exactly sure what to say and she knew that she was covered in bruises and scars due to her missions and training. She let herself fall onto the smooth covers of the soft bed, closing her eyes as she let her mind process Bucky's return. "So I'm going to assume that you've been working hard in the shadows playing the hero?" Bucky spoke softly as he sat next to her, she turned her head to him while opening her eyes.

He smiled softly at her as her eyes focused on the missing arm for a moment before flicking up to Bucky's steel-blue eyes. "Yeah, I was working with Steve for a while then I went off on my own getting missions from Natasha or T'Challa." Alessia sat up and absentmindedly began rubbing her scarred sides, "Then I went to a... specialists, of sorts, to gain my control on my power and memories." She leaned her head onto Bucky as he sighed.

She closed her eyes to enjoy this moment, "I'm so glad you're here." He chuckled lightly at her words before lifting her head to his, "I'm just as glad." He leaned in, connecting their lips passionately. It had felt like forever since she last kissed him and she didn't realise how much she truly missed his touch. And she knew better than anyone to enjoy every second she had with James Buchanan Barnes because any moment can be the last in this world.

── ──

Author Note
The past few chapters have been shorter, but I hope you are still enjoying this story!

-Rose <3
{
1202}