Chapter Twenty-Nine

── CHILDREN OF THANOS ──

── ──

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., what am I looking at?" Tony asks after he's put on his tech glasses before it responded, "Not sure, I'm working on it." Tony turned to look at Strange, "Hey! You might wanna put that Time Stone in your back pocket, Doc!" Alessia looked between the two ready to cut off any banter that may happen.

"Might wanna use it," Strange tells him as bands of spells are readied around his forearms. A mechanical hum grows louder as Tony approaches the intersection. As he turns the corner, he sees a huge circular ship floating over Bleecker Street.

Alessia knew instantly what was happening and what was coming and she wasn't sure she was ready to face this, she wasn't certain that they could all get through this. She looked at Tony, a pit forming in her stomach as she let out an anxious sigh allowing herself to breath deeply and focus on the task at hand.

── ──

A short distance away, On a school bus, the hairs on Peter Parker's arms stand up. He looks out the window and sees the ship. Tapping his best friend in the seat in front of him, "Ned, hey. I need you to cause a distraction." Ned turns around and sees the spaceship, "Holy shit! We're all gonna die! There's a spaceship!"

All of the students rushed to the back of the bus to look at the spaceship with mixed emotions. Peter quickly slides on one of his Stark-made webshooters, and webs the emergency exit lever on the opposite side of the bus. "What's the matter with you kids? You've never seen a spaceship before?" A legendary bus driver says as he turns to them.

Peter jumps out the window, clinging to the side of the bus and pulling on his mask before leaping over the side of the bridge, shooting a web-line and swinging free. He makes his way hastily towards the ship ready to help in any way he possibly could.

── ──

Over with the others, Tony orders F.R.I.D.A.Y to evacuate the area before Doctor Strange throws the Winds of Watoomb over Bleeker Street, and winks at Tony. The dust clears while Tony is begrudgingly amused for a split second. Alessia smiles sweetly at Doctor Strange who smiles kindly back making Tony roll his eyes at the two powerful magic users.

Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian exit the ship by transmat, "Hear me, and rejoice... You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful, that your meaningless lives are now contributing to the balance of-" Tony is quick to cut off Maw, "I'm sorry, Earth is closed today! You better pack it up and get outta here."

Maw glares at Tony before glancing from Alessia to Strange, "Stonekeeper..." Maw then gestures to Tony, "Does this chattering animal speak for you?" Tony scoffed as Doctor Strange spoke, "Certainly not. I speak for myself."