Chapter Twenty-Three

── CIVIL WAR ──

── ──

Alessia opened her eyes slowly as the bright light blinded her, letting out a slow breath she made an attempt to move but the arm around her waist only tightened as a warm breath rested on the back of her neck. She looked around the dirty motel room that they were currently hiding in, Steve decided it was best if they hid for a night while Clint got Wanda and Scott Lang, an old friend of Sam's apparently.

Today we were gonna make a move to Siberia to stop the fake psychologist from bringing Hydra's elite death squad back from their comatose states, which made Bucky and Alessia feel very uneasy about this situation. "Stop moving," Buckys' husky morning voice played like a melody in her ear making her body involuntarily shiver.

She moved her head to look around the room, spotting Steve and Sam talking outside the room. "We gotta get ready Bucky," He let out an annoyed sigh before getting up. Alessia went into the bathroom, getting into the damaged shower that only shot out cold water, not that it was new for her. Once she got out, She quickly got changed into her uniform, once again grateful for the tight-fitting purple design.

Alessia slipped on some loose-fitting jeans and a baggy sweater before brushing through her hair and deciding on a fishtail braid to get it out of her face. She looked up at her reflection in the slightly warped mirror, taking in a slow breath as memories about the elite squad's files hit her. She was itching to call Marcus and the others but she knew how bad of an idea that is.

── ──

Alessia walked out into the room where Bucky waited for her, "You look beautiful, Doll." Alessia smiled up at him as he pulled her close, lightly pressing his lips to hers. She pushed against him and smiled in the kiss as his hands tightened on her waist, he pulled away resting his forehead against hers, "When this is over, I say we settle down together." She nodded slightly as her chest warmed at the idea. They walked outside and spotted the yellow buggy that Steve had 'temporary misappropriated' as he so kindly stated.

Bucky and Alessia climbed into the back of the buggy, Steve and Sam were seated in the front. "Alright, Sharon is gonna meet us so we can take back our belongings," Steve informed them. Alessia couldn't help but smirk to which Steve spotted, "Don't start Ales." Alessia giggled to herself before placing her hand onto his shoulder, "Stevie, don't miss an opportunity or I'll have you de-balled."

All three boys looked at her with pained expressions making her laugh, "Start driving star-spangled man with a plan." He scoffed at her before starting up the car and driving in the direction of what she assumed would be an underground area hidden area from everyone.

Buckys' hand interlocked with Alessia's once they pulled up to Sharon's car, she leaned her head onto his shoulder as Steve got out and walked over to Sharon. "Do you think we'll be able to stop Hydra's Elite Death Squad?" Sam turned to look at Alessia then Bucky. "I'm sure we can take them down as a team," Alessia smiled at Sam's optimism but Bucky and Alessia knew that it wasn't gonna be that simple.