Chapter Twenty-Six

-Mature Warning: Smut-

── DANCE WITH ME ──

── ──

It's been a few months since Bucky was awoken, they've been working with him through his memories and the removal of Hydra's programming. It's been rough for Bucky, he hasn't been himself and his nightmares have gotten worse. He decided that Alessia should keep her distance while he faced this alone so she had been focusing on her powers, even going on some missions with Steve and Sam. She missed waking up next to Bucky but she knew it'd all be worth it.

It was an early Sunday morning when she woke up to someone holding her close to them. She turned her head to see Bucky asleep next to her with a small smile resting on his face. You know how some people say you look younger and more at peace when you are asleep, well that was accurate when it came to Bucky Barnes. He looked so relaxed that you'd think he had lived a peaceful life with not an ounce of pain on his heart.

Alessia snuggled closer to Bucky and let her body relax in his comfort when he stirred slightly, "Good morning beautiful." His raspy voice echoed through her head and she shivered in response making him smirk. Everything about this man was attractive, the broken parts especially. "Good morning Handsome," she leaned forward and kissed him softly before pulling away. His eyes opened, the steel-blue hues that she'd fallen in love with captivated her as he smiled.

He lifted himself up and leaned down to kiss her, "You and I are spending today together." He got up and walked towards the bathroom as Alessia sat up pulling one of her knees to her chest to rest her head on it. "Is that so Bucky?" She questioned playfully making him turn to her with a smirk on his face, "Yeah, I have plans for us today and last I checked... I owe you a dance." She smiled at him as he walked into the bathroom, "You coming?" She giggled before getting up and racing into the bathroom after him.

Bucky wasn't wrong, he cooked her breakfast and they spent time talking about random things and reminiscing on old times. At this time it felt completely normal like they weren't two damaged souls who found each other in a time of control and weaponizing. She always felt at home with Bucky next to her and she never wanted to lose that but that nagging voice in the back of her head reminds her that their time could come to an end.

They decided to go for a walk through the city together for a while to just continue that normal feeling that they both needed. She couldn't help but notice how nervous Bucky seemed to be and she couldn't understand why and a part of her began to worry about it. They had stopped at a few stores and bought a bunch of random things while playing around and doing random runway dress-up moments.

── ──

By lunch, they had decided on a small restaurant where they continued with small talk while they ate authentic Wakandian food which she fell more and more in love with the more she ate it. Once they finished eating, they continued walking through the city towards the outskirts. "All right. What is going on with you?" She asked with a smile making Bucky sigh, "You make me nervous, Ales. You always have and always will." He turned to her with a smile, "Good with words Barnes."