Chapter Five

── DESTROYING TEMPOLIZE ──

── ☆ ──

Alessia moved carefully across the houses in the lovely neighbourhood, scaling the over the roofs silently in the setting sun. Her shadow cast over the flat roofs, her focus was on keeping silent in the hopes not to alarm her position. Finally, she stopped on the roof opposite her target's home, the target stepped out onto their balcony to light a cigarette. He focused lazily on the dark blue of the ocean as the sun finally disappeared under the horizon.

A small smile rested on his face, his latest hookup strolled by the balcony doors heading down the stairs to the kitchen. Alessia raised her gun, positioning it perfectly, aiming straight for the target's head. Alessia adjusted the suppressor on the gun, she took in a deep breath. Alessia rested her finger on the trigger, a small sound behind her caused her to turn her head and gun, pointing it at the intruder.

Her eyes focused on the man standing there, something was familiar about him but nothing clicked in her mind. He slowly knelt down next to her without turning his head to her as he spoke, "Heil Hydra." Alessia nodded slightly as she looked down to his metal arm, a bold red star rested hauntingly on it. Alessia shuddered ever-so-slightly at the symbol knowing what it meant, she turned away from the man and focused back on her target.

Alessia pulled down on the trigger, firing the bullet straight into the target's head making his body stumble before tumbling over the railing into the pool below. Alessia lowered the gun and let out an unsteady breath, her programming wall cracked slightly as she watched the woman run outside and scream at the sight of the body. Alessia stood from her crouched position and took off with the Soldier following behind her.

The two continued along the tops of the houses until they reached an alleyway, both of them dropped to the ground. Alessia closed her eyes as she took a deep breath before opening them again. She took a step forward only for the Soldier to grab her hand and turn her around, his metal hand rested perfectly in the curve of her waist. Alessia stood stunned as he leaned forward, "You don't remember me, but I remember you..." Alessia furrowed her brows at the Soldier's pleading words.

He removed the mask from his face, "I know you are breaking free... Keep fighting that wall. Just know..." His flesh hand rested on the side of her face, "We'll get that white picket fence life... Just like you said." Alessia blinked a few times as her mind searched so desperately for any answers about the man standing in front of her, looking at her so lovingly yet frightened, almost as though his actions were so foreign from the person he is. The waters they were sailing were treacherous but as Alessia stared into his steel-blue eyes, she found the familiarity...

── ☆ ──

"Bucky!!" Alessia gasped out as she was startled awake, her heart pounding as the face of the mystery man finally was revealed. She laid back down onto her pillows, wiping the sweat from her brow as she closed her eyes and took deep breaths. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. Alessia finally opened her eyes and pushed herself to sit up, leaning back against the headboard behind her. She ran her hands down her face before getting out of the bed, she made her way into the shower and washed her hair. After spending almost ten minutes just standing under the water trapped within her thoughts about the memory, why did it hit her now?