「 I Heart You 」

Start from the beginning

I was as well. The way Norman kept looking at my horns and talking about a complete extermination of all demons really didn't sit right with me.

Not only because he could be (speaking in general terms) willing to kill me, but also Maeve, Sonju, and Mujika.

I still have yet to figure out if his motives include us.

"The one he mentioned, aren't you curious?" Ray asks me and Emma.

I hum, trying to not pay attention or already know my answer.

"Well, he said it would lead to success..." I say. "So whatever his plan is in detail, it ought to be great."

"Yeah, this is Norman we're talking about." Emma adds.

Ray obviously knows regardless of my answer that I'm still disturbed, he saw the looks I gave Norman yesterday. And I couldn't put up as good of a poker face as well as I wanted to.

"Are you sure it's great?" he asks me.

"You don't want to actually destroy the farms, right? Neither you nor Emma."

I nervously laugh, and Emma follows my actions. "What are you talking about?" I ask.

"It's more certain that way, and we wouldn't have to run anymore, like what you said." informs Emma.

"This is true," Ray starts, then looks back at me. "But, if Norman was to go 100 percent through with his plan he mentioned yesterday, that would mean he'd kill Y/n, Sonju, Mujika, and Maeve without a second thought."

My back stiffens.

"If he ends up killing us I'll haunt his pale ass forever-"

"Y/n."

"Right. Sorry." I mutter.

Ray doesn't like it when I make necessarily dark jokes such as those.

"That is the future neither of you want." He claims.

Emma chuckles. "Somethings wrong with me, I understand Norman's feelings, but..." she looks up.

"I don't want to kill any demons." she says, "I know, they're our enemy, but at the same time... What is the difference between them and us?"

Emma points to me. "Hell! Y/n and the others are living proof demons are incredibly similar to us!"

I listen to her ramble on about her point, "Plus, Mujika and Y/n are my friends. I adore Maeve with all my heart! I don't want to eliminate their race! I don't want to eliminate Y/n's family or her! Just because a certain race is our enemy, doesn't mean we need to kill them all!"

I breathe in, "I would much rather not have the fear of standing over Sonju's dead body." I scowl as I finish my load of laundry.

"Why didn't either of you tell him earlier?" Ray asked.

"Did you see the looks Norman was giving me?" I asked. "I felt like one word of objection would give me a one way ticket to a spear to the throat."

Emma tells her side and pauses briefly.