Chapter 7

797 words

_______________________

Jack Byrne

It was late when I came home last night, I couldn't read much...but from what I have read, it is clear that Amara was very awkward with this John and always tried to avoid him.

Also that she never got to meet John much, even when he called. Well, he rarely called.

Okay so let's make a report!

The first suspect – John

Relation – Amara's father

Suspicious – Overall behaviour and relationship with the daughter.

I guess I need to talk to her friends I might get something. From what Joe told me that day, her friends were really hurt by her death.
________________________

"What about her mother? Where does she stay"Fortunately I could meet her friends on the college campus. I don't if her friends know about her mother's death.

"She...She passed away...in a car accident...I remember that day..." Dottie said.

*Past*

Amara's POV

"Mom I'm not coming!!" There was this huge party, held at the Knight's.

They were one of the big business families, we were business friends. We know each other for years now. I remember running into their kitchen as soon as I went there.

Mrs Knight was a really sweet person, she always gave me treats. I was close to her may be the main reason was that she shared my name, Amara Knight.

Xavier Knight was a good person too; he bought me gifts every time he went on business trips. They saw me as their kid until they decided to adopt a child...

Arianna Knight, I don't know why she didn't like me. In the beginning, we were really good friends, sometimes I went there just to play with her and sometimes she came here.

But soon she turned 14, she started behaving weird after her birthday party. She became too rude. I didn't like it, and gradually I stopped going there.

Now she's 17, a year younger than me. I have not seen them for almost 3 years. Xavier and Amara came a few times asking why I didn't go there anymore, I just told them I was busy. And they too stopped coming.

"Are you sure?" the train of my thoughts were interrupted by my mom's voice.

"Yes of course mom, I'm really tired, and I also have to study, so I can't make it to the party. Sorry mom" I didn't want to tell her the exact reason, she might feel bad.

"Yes dear, Amara is right. Don't you worry Amara, we'll be back soon. You don't wait for us to come if you are tired and sleepy, we have an extra pair of keys." Dad added.

So finally with all difficulty, I persuaded her to leave me alone and go to the party. I didn't have anything to study or do, so I decided to watch some shows on Netflix and chill!

_______________________________

It was around 12:30, so I decided to go to bed, anyways mom had an extra key so they could come in.

Dear diary,

Mom and dad have gone to the Knights for Ariana's birthday party, and they didn't come yet. But mom has an extra pair of keys, so I decided to go to sleep.

Today was very tiring; I had a 9-hour shift, but it was fun as I could scrub into 2 surgeries.

It's quite boring now; I tried to keep myself up by watching some shows, but I couldn't. So I guess I'll just go sleep.

Good night

Amara

I was just lying on the bed when my phone rang; it was from an unknown number. I picked it up.

"Hello" to be honest I was a bit scared, no one had ever called this late.

"Hello, is it Amara Williams?"  Came a man's husky voice. 

"Yes, may I know who is speaking, please?"

"Ma'am we have a piece of bad news for you, your car crashed to the bridge and fell into the water. Fortunately, John Williams was able to jump out of the car, but Mrs Williams couldn't. We weren't able to save her...we are very sorry for your loss."

I couldn't hear whatever he spoke next...How could this happen? It has to be some kind of a dream; I can't lose my mother. She was my only family. They can't just let her die?

Suddenly I can not breathe. It's like somebody's choking me. The thought of my mother's death was too much to take in.

"Hello?" the officer's voice bought me back to reality. "Ma'am you'll have to come to collect her body"

"Where is he? My father? Where is John Williams?" this was all because of him.

*Back to present*

Whoaa another big chapter!! Hope you all liked this part, click on the star to like this chapter.
Happy Mahashivratri to all!!