Chapter 2

662 words
____________________

Jack Byrne

Just like every other weekday, my day started with a cup of black coffee and an empty stomach, I didn't always starve myself like this, but today I was really late.

Walking into the same building filled with the hustle-bustle of the people and boring grey walls, I thought it was going to be yet another boring day.

Walking into my cabin, I see Joe Clair's annoying ass was on my chair and his dirty foot was on my table, rolling my eyes I walk up to him.

"What have I done that I owe Joe to grace me with his wonderful presence early this morning?" I asked with sarcasm dripping in every word.

"Jack, I have no time for your sarcasm, let's leave we have somewhere to go." He said standing up. I wasn't as tall as him, but I wasn't too short either.

One thing about us is that he always wears formal, whether it's a party or work. I on the other hand prefer more casuals.

But of course, I can not wear a normal t-shirt and a pair of jeans to work. I would love to do that, but Joe will fire me as soon as he sees.

"Hello? Where are you lost? We need to go soon!" Joe got me out of my thoughts.

Okay, this must be something important and serious, because Joe was never this serious early in the morning.

"What is it about?" I questioned seriously.

"Nothing great actually, we just need to sign a case close," Joe informed.

"Without an investigation?" Joe never did this, why now?

"I did an investigation, it turned out to be a teenage suicide case!" Joe said already ready to leave.

"Fine give me the details at least," I said.

"Jack, it's nothing. The case is closed. I did the investigation myself. Let's just go!!" He said in annoyance.

"Okay, don't tell! Let's go." I was frustrated by his attitude already!! Why isn't he giving me the details?

We reached the crime scene, it was a beautiful big mansion. I read the name 'Williams Manor'. This sounds familiar...

"You guys are late," Said a man. He was in his late forties.

"We know Mr Williams." Said Joe to whoever this is.

'Williams' sounds so familiar. But why?

I walked around the living room; there were a couple of pictures hung on the wall and some portraits of famous people.

Until Joe finishes his talk with the guy, maybe I should check out the pictures. I might find out why the name sounds familiar.

I looked at the first picture. The girl in the pictures..looks familiar. What is happening to me? Why is everything looking so familiar?

I need to start working on my memory. Why do I not remember all these people?

After a few minutes of thinking hard, I finally remembered. It is Amara! Amara Williams.

"I know her!! I know her very well!!" I told Joe, which was more like a scream.

"Yeah, she's the one who committed the suicide..." Joe told, with a sorry tone.

"WHAT!!!" No way, this could not happen. Why would she suicide?

Amara couldn't die. And suicide? No no no this is not as simple as it seems, there is something to this case. I need to find out what. I need to solve this.

"Joe, do not close the case. I know it is not a suicide. We need to find out who did this." I told him in a threatening voice.

"Jack, please understand. This case is over." That was all Joe said. 

*****

Hey, if you were reading my story from before, you might know that this was an x-reader story. But, I decided to change it.

And if you are reading this story from before, here it is!!!! The new and main change that I made while editing. 

Hope you all like it, click on the star to vote!