11: Another Dream

Start from the beginning

The other frowns, "How so?"

A smirk curls the brunette's lips. "I have left a nice surprise for her." The girl turns, her sharp, hawk-like gaze falling on him. Her eyes narrow before shifting to the person beside him before travelling back to Kai.

"Go away before her icky brain leaps to unnecessary conclusions," he says, gesturing to Hwang Ryujin with a nod of his head.

"I bet she already knows half of it." Taehyun nudges his glasses, leaning further in his seat. "She has started distancing herself from me."

Kai, not looking away, raises a lean brow, "absurd. I am not even surprised she could choose Choi Jisu over anyone else; as if they weren't at each other's throats just a day ago."

Taehyun examines the younger's face. "Did you do something?"

"I am not behind every unnatural phenomenon that emerges in this school, Taehyun-ssi." It's a white lie, Taehyun can see right through the careless smile. But he knows better than to question the other's reasoning. The guy is out of his reach to be understood.

The blond sighs, lowering his head on the table. Kai, on the other hand, shifts his gaze to a different person altogether.

"What did you do to Daewon?"

"Gave him what he deserved." Taehyun raises his head, darting his wide eyes towards the person.

"You...did you..."

"Left him to perish? Not yet. I am in a different mood for him."

"Don't do anything stupid. I know you are angry over...that night. But please."

Kai gives the blond a side glance, judging silently. "Why are you begging for his life? All his existence brought me is two years' worth of suffering. And you ask me to leave him?"

Taehyun, out of frustration, slams his hand against the table, not loud enough to attract attention. "Because I care for you! And doing all of this will not bring you anything other than a few years of added trauma!" he screams in a whisper. His eyes appear almost pleading. "I know this is not you, Hyuka. I know you don't want to do this."

The brunette stares at him. His brows relax and, for once, Taehyun thinks his eyes turn softer than before. But then it vanishes.

"I'll be right back." He informs with a wave of his hand and leaves his seat, disappearing in the crowd of students hurdled in the canteen. Taehyun watches his retreating back, a foreboding feeling gripping at his chest.

This never is a good sign.

"He is leaving. Should we follow?"

The girl looks up from her phone. "To where is he going?" Lia darts her irises just beside my head.

"Somewhere outside," she announces, her nails digging into her palm. "I think we should follow."

Ryujin turns just in time to catch a shock of long brown hair before it disappears through the glass doors of the canteen. "You stay here." Lia stares at her incredulously as the other stands up at once, ready to leave behind the unsuspecting boy.

"Yah! I wanna go too-"

Ryujin snaps her head to the girl with wide, warning eyes. "I said, stay here," she asserts through gritted teeth. "Shall I repeat?"