Chapter eighty three

Start from the beginning

"Skywalker!" I heard my master yell from the ship presumably because we were the last to board. Anakin looked down as I looked up and as our eyes met I gave a sad nod. Moments later he swept me up into his arms bridal style and turned to carry me up the ramp as that cramping in my stomach struck her again. As the doors were closing I took one last look out at the rubble, out and ruins were a piece of my heart would forever lie...

'How could this happen...'

Third person pov

"How could this happen - we had her in our grasp! I thought you said she'd die on that base?" The bloodied and bruised form of Daramar Starfallen shouted in frustration with furrowed brow while swipe the nearest tray of medical supplies to the floor with a crash. Clearly the man had lost control of his temper at this mission failure, unknowing of how he would report this news to his master. Meanwhile the woman who work under alias upon alias stood in the corner with her arms folded utterly motionless. She had been this way ever since collecting the man from where he was thrown by the explosion precisely as she had foreseen. However at his words the vein on her forehead became more prominent and her jaw clenched.

"...tell me you at least administered a fatale dose of the drug I provided you." She muttered quietly without opening her eyes, a growl to her words like she already knew the answer...which she did.

"I had it ready but then I sensed that little brat and stopped to go seek revenge so-

"You absolute fool!" The woman suddenly yelled before he could say another word, spinning on the balls of her feet and glaring ice cold daggers directly into his soul. "That poison was specifically designed to kill her but not the baby! Now all she'll suffer is a mild fever!" The woman proceeded to yell in a manner far more furious than she'd shown since confronted by her former master Karina. Electricity practically crackled through the air between the two force users upon that small craft, it was a notice nothing had yet broken.

"Whoa whoa I didn't make the mistake here you did! You told me that we'd have what we came for before the Jedi turned up - it was your vision that failed us here not my actions!" Daramar replied narrowing his as as he paced two steps forward towards the woman with her head bow in her hands and eyes closed. The man evidently could not see the danger he was currently in but soon came to realise as a pressure round his throat pushed him back against the wall. As he choked the woman opened her eyes with a severe look to the blue hue.

"...you're mistaken, everything went exactly as i foresaw," She replied in a far lower and more grace tone as she continued to apply pressure to his throat through the force. Something similar to a sadistic look was growing in the young woman's eyes, electricity cracklings around her finger tips as her features distorted into a crazed expression. "I saw that the Jedi would arrive earlier and saw that the child would best you long enough for them to escape, I saw the you would fail me and I saw they would get away - don't you get it Daramar?! I know everything that is to happen! I knew who would win this war before it had even begun! The entirety of my life is set out before me and apparently I can't do a damm thing to change it!," she exclaimed while marching towards his incapacitated form until they were mere inches apart. "...You asked me once for my name do you remember? Perhaps if I tell you your moron mind will finally come to understand my game," She added leaning in closer, gripping his wrist and pulling down as he struggled to break free. "I am Hiraeth Palpatine, do you see now? I needed you for information on my father nothing more." She spoke coldly with a sick smirk. Her hands then released him and she turned to walk in the opposite direction.

"You're his daughter..? Then why don't you fight by his side?" Daramar choked out in concussion while reaching up to nurse his bruised throat.

"Personal business my dear sweet idiot, and not something you shall have to concern yourself with any longer." The woman now known to be named not only Hiraeth but a Pqlpatine no less spoke without turning. However she did give a flick of her fingers, a flick that resulted in the ignition of a blade, a blade whom had been turned to impale it's owner. Hiraeth did not turn as she heard the mans body drop, she'd dreamt of the day she'd finally cut him loose yet note it held a bitter taste due to her discovery.