CHAPTER 33

Kendra's p.o.v

I smiled in the mirror as I looked at myself, Carter and I had been hanging out a lot during these past few days, we also got news from the doctor a few days ago and it seemed like they found a donor for me, my life couldn't be any better at this point, everything was finally going my way and I was going to live.

But I think I hadn't really thought about living fully before, because now that I a no longer going to die there are a lot of things I am thinking about, I didn't really know how to handle the news as happy as I was because all my life it always felt like I had a death sentence on me and now finally everything changed, and I don't really know what to do with myself.

I met the family of the donor a few day ago and to be honest they were really nice people, I also felt really bad because the donor was their daughter who was almost the same age as me, she was going to die, and I felt bad because I needed someone to die in order to save myself.

The doctors says she doesn't have much time left on her, so its only a matter of days or weeks in fact, and then I'll be having my surgery. I've had my things on standby and been eating extra healthily in case of an emergency. I finally had my second chance, and I wasn't planning on losing it, I can finally start planning for my future I thought to myself as I let out a hearty laugh.

I had never really thought about having children before or any of those other stuffs that normal people do, but now I had the world to myself, I could take things as slow as I wanted, I could finally be happy without getting worried about anything.

I stood up happily as I heard the doorbell ring, it was probably Carter here to pick me up for our date, and unfortunately for us, the bodyguard have to come with us.

I took a look at the casual outfit I was wearing once more before walking to the front door with the bodyguards in tow behind me.

I smiled as I opened the door and Carter held out his hand for me, I smiled his way as he led me to the car and we headed off to the amusement park with the bodyguard following in a separate car, yeah you heard me right, we were going to the amusement park, and I was so freaking excited for it, like I get an actual whole day to spend like a child, puhlease anyone in my position would be happy to go to the park.

I hopped in excitement as we arrived at the entrance of the park, I saw so many people going in, from children to couples and families, I was really excited for this.

"Come on already hurry up" I said in excitement as I hopped around waiting for him to park the car.

"Calm down Sanders" he said laughing my way as he finally parked the car.

I quickly hopped out of the car as soon as I heard the engines turn off as I screeched in excitement. Carter came and stood besides me, his hands in mine as we walked into the park with the bodyguards right behind us.

To others it might look like we're being extra, but I've gotten used to the bodyguards already and I don't think I would be comfortable if they were not around me, I feel the safest when I'm with them.

Carter and I spent the whole day in different rides as we went round the whole park, I was really happy and excited laughing most of the time.

"I've got a present for you" he said as he held me to a different part of the park which said it was closed today.

"Carter, where are you taking me too, it says it's closed" I said as we walked closer towards the entrance.

"You see, it's not closed, I rented the whole space" he said smiling.

"Oh, my goodness why would you do that" I said as we entered inside.

"Well because I wanted you to be safe here in the park, so I rented this whole side so that there wont be people in here, just the two of us, well as well as them" he said as he pointed to the bodyguards behind us.