CHAPTER 6

Kendra's p.o.v

I slept for the whole of the flight with the exception of the times Devon came into the room to give me my medications. I woke up to the sound of Devon calling my name and tapping my skin slightly as he woke me up.

"Ken, come on get up" he said softly.

"we're about to land, so we need to be in our seats with our seatbelts on" he said slowly as if talking to a child as I slowly got up with the aid of his hand while stretching and yawning like a tired kitten.

I slowly but surely walked out of the room and tiredly dragged my feet as I sat down on the nearest open seat which was in between Aria and Carter, seems like she decided to swap places with me and hang out with Devon while I was gone.

I sat down on the seat tiredly and yawning, I then fastened my seatbelt and looked around. It looked like everyone had rested and eaten to their fill because I was the only one who still looked tired.

"well, someone had a fine nap didn't she" Aria said smiling.

I smiled and looked at her as I nodded my head vigorously as everyone laughed at my reaction.

Aria and I made small talk before she realised that she wanted to talk to Devon a bit more. I giggled when I saw Aria fangirling over him with no filter. I turned to look around the room to see what everyone else was doing and then my eyes met his, Carter.

I smiled at him and decided to make small talk with him. It turned out we had so much in common, including that we vibed to the same types of movies. Like 6 underground and the old guard.

Conversation with him just felt so natural and nice, it was almost so good to be true.

"I know right, when I saw the last scene, I just knew that it was going to be her, like I just had that gut feeling that she was going to make an appearance in the movie" I said really excitedly as we continued vibing to the old guard.

We were so into our discussion that I did not notice Devon glaring at us. Carter had just let out a really deep, sexy, and hearty laugh that would bring people to their knees to what I had just said, and I had just let out a soft laughter and a giggle as I held my hands above my mouth trying to stop myself from laughing too hard when we heard the pilot announce that we had arrived at our destination.

As we grabbed our bags and walked out the plane, I noticed carter was waiting for me at the bottom and then I smiled at him as we continued our discussion.

While we were checking out and grabbing our luggage Carter invited me to watch movies with him sometime which I gladly accepted as we vibed a lot and I could really see us being good friends. I smiled at him and gave him one last look as I walked towards Aria.

Aria gave me a sly look which had the "you need to spill the tea" kinda look. I just looked at her and laughed at her reaction.

"I see you Drea" she whispered laughing.

"You think you sly, but you're not" she laughed out.

"oh my God Ari, I have no idea what you're talking about" I said giggling.

"we just vibed a little" I said smiling.

"What do you mean a little, you guys vibed a lot" she said winking at me.

I looked at her and smiled briefly as we headed into the direction of the car we had rented beforehand. Since we were a large number of people, we rented more than one can and split up into groups, I got in a car with Devon and my brothers while the others went off in different cars.

To be honest I did not really want to be in the same car as my brothers because I knew that we were probably going to have a talk now that no one was around us.

As we sped off in the car, I sat down silently waiting for someone to finally ask what they were all so obviously thinking about. The tension was just too much, and I wanted the ice to be broken so I spoke up.

"I'm fine guys, really" I said silently but loud enough for them to hear.

"nothing's really changed, we knew the symptoms would show up, heck we were already prepared. But you guys should remember that there is still hope, I may get a donor sooner or later and all this will finally be over" I said smiling at them.

I sounded like I was so confident in what I was saying, like I was so sure of myself and like I was trying to reassure them, but in reality, I was actually trying to reassure myself. I felt like they knew me all too well and saw right past me though.

Killian put his hands on my shoulder in a means to encourage me and give me support and to be honest it made me feel a lot better and less alone, I smiled as I placed my arm right on top his and felt the warmness comfort me.

"what were you doing with that guy" Stephen said all of a sudden making Killian let go of his hand and burst into laughter with Devon.

"What do you mean" I said smiling as my face heated up.

"ohhhhh" they all said making me blush harder as they laughed a lot. The ice was finally broken.

"Don't pretend like you don't know what I mean" Killian said laughing.

"Yeah, we all saw you in there, you guys flirting shamelessly in front of us all, like get a room" Stephen said as he laughed and did a bro shake with Killian.

I smiled at them as I thought to myself, was that actually what I was doing? Did it really look that way to everyone? Did Carter think I was flirting with him? Was he flirting with me? I thought to myself.

"I wouldn't advice you to get involved Ken, but if that makes you happy then I can't stop you" Devon said looking at me for a brief moment before looking back to the road.

He rolled the hood of the car backwards as I looked up to the early morning sky, as the wind blew past my hair with the speed of the car, I felt so peaceful and relaxed but what my brothers said kept on bugging me and running through my mind.

Devon was right, I shouldnot get involved, whatever it was that happened on the plane, whatever it wasthat I thought I felt at this moment it needed to stop. It was better to cutthe thorns before it pricks you.