CHAPTER 26

Carter's p.o.v

I ran into the emergency room of the hospital as I saw Kendra's brothers and our friends gathered at the waiting area.

"What happened? What's going on? Where is she?" I yelled frustrated as everyone looked at me. I was panicking deep inside, I didn't know what to do, I just found her after so long and here I am about to lose her once more.

I looked over at Aria as she cried profusely into Devon's chest.

"Kendra and I were supposed to go to her office together today" she said with a sob.

"I was waiting for her downstairs, but she didn't come down, I was worried because she was always on time and never late, so I called her, but she wouldn't pick upppp" she said crying.

"I went upstairs to her apartment and when she didn't open the door, I got worried because I thought something bad had happened to her heart, so I-I-I pulled out the emergency key from the hidden section and I went in" she said as she started crying harder.

"Aria what happened goddamn it" I said angrily and scared.

"I was so scared Carter, I thought we had lost her, she was lying there at the corner of her room on the ground bleeding and lying there lifelessly. Something was seriously wrong though, her veins, they were blue" she said crying out loud as she hugged Devon again.

I combed my hands through my hair as I felt despair run over me. I couldn't lose her again, not so early, it was too soon.

We sat down in the waiting room of the hospital for a few hours and still there was no word from the doctors. After a few more hours the LAPD showed up, they had already gotten evidence from her room, now they were here to get a statement from Ari seeing that she was the one who found her.

We waited for another hour before finally the surgery lights went off and the doctor stepped out of the room.

We all crowded him immediately hoping to get good news from him.

"Family of Sanders?" he asked as Devon nodded his head at him signalling him to speak.

"I'm afraid it doesn't look too good. The good news is that she survived, the bad news is that we have no idea what was injected into her system before she was knocked unconscious, we have tested it with every known drug we could obtain in this short amount of time but couldn't get a match. The drug is reacting with her body in a way that we don't fully quite understand, but we know for sure its not helping her case because she rejected almost every medication, we had put her on while in the surgery. Apart from that she sustained a crack to her skull which was caused probably by a hard blow to the head, there are a few worries about her spine at the moment, but that will heal in time. What I would like to talk about now is her heart, obviously this was a huge deal, so it caused a large strain to her heart, we had to replace her IUD with a new one and I'm afraid to say that if she doesn't get a transplant sooner or later, she may not survive for much longer. We tried our best Mr Sanders but at the moment Ms Sanders is in a coma and we don't know when or if she will wake up. Our concern is whatever was injected to her because it is causing a negative reaction with drugs given to her" The doctor finally concluded leaving us all dumbfounded.

I turned around as I took a sit on the chair closest to me, I could faintly hear the girls crying as I held my head in my hand. I had a faint idea on who would be doing this to her, but I knew that was impossible because if it were really him then she'd be dead by now.

"How long?" I heard Killian ask frustratedly tears in his eyes.

"How long doctor?" I heard Stephen yell angrily as he wiped angry tears from his eyes.