CHAPTER 19

Kendra's p.o.v

The girls and I had been in my apartment for a while now and I immediately knew that I shouldn't have told them about me and Carter going out for coffee later tomorrow.

They were like literally more excited than me and I didn't even know how I actually felt about this whole thing, I still haven't told Carter that I'm sick yet.

I looked at my friend who were giggling about random nothings with me and then I immediately decided that when we go for coffee tomorrow, I would tell him about my sickness so that we could get that out of the way.

I felt guilty and heartless because I had not yet told him that I was sick, but I also felt scared to tell him that I was sick because I didn't want him to leave me or end whatever it was that we clearly had.

I don't know too much about relationship and feelings, but I did know that I was attracted to Carter and call me selfish if you want, but I didn't want that to end, I don't want to lose him also.

"Ken, what's on your mind?" I heard Zuri say as I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled her way.

"Guys, do you think I'm doing the right thing by telling Carter that I'm sick? I know I have to, but I'm really scared, I...I like him, and I feel like if I am to tell him that I am sick he might start to look at me differently you know, he might end up being just one more person who thinks I'm crazy, and I don't want that" I said as I looked deeply at them.

"You're doing the right thing Kendra, he deserves to know before you guys proceed with your relationship, I know I would want to know if it was me" Kyai said making me sigh out loud.

"Ken, have some fate in my brother, he's not going to let a petty illness get in between you two" Ari said trying to liven up the mood.

I smiled at them as I said "Oh my goodness guys I love Lincoln so much, like him and Daisy are the best couple in the world" I said smiling as we looked at the screen and continued binge-watching MARVELS agents of SHIELD.

Yes, we all had work tomorrow but please, this was Agents of shield we're talking about, no one can stop us from watching it.

After I don't know how many hours the girls and I found ourselves sobbing and crying our eyes out when we saw the ship Lincoln was on explode and the state of Daisy as he told her he loved her.

I paused the movie and started crying as I screamed out "WHY???? She didn't get to say it back" I cried out as I clutched my heart for the two of them.

"That's so not fair guys, it's not fair, how could their love end just like that? Why did Lincoln have to die" Aria cried as we all held each other staring at the screen, I couldn't get myself to play it back because it was just too heart-breaking.

I loved Lincoln so much, like why did they have to kill him off, its not fair, him and Daisy's love story was one of the main reasons I loved this season so much, they made it worthwhile, I thought as I wiped my tears, but the tears kept on pouring out.

I heard my phone ringing and I looked at the screen and saw it was Devon which made me decline the call immediately and go back to my tears.

You see Devon and I hadn't spoken since the day at the hospital, he and my brothers had been trying to call me for the past few days, but I declined every single one of the because I just didn't want to, and then I told the security at the front desk not to let them in anymore.

I know it was a drastic measure, but I just didn't want to see them. As I declined the call, we heard door to my apartment ring and then Aria in all tears picked up herself and with only her pyjamas on she went to the door and opened it.

After a while Aria came back into the living room, but this time with my brothers behind her.

"Ken, it's the cops" she said as I saw a few men in uniform come behind them.

I wiped my tears and sniffled as I saw them come into my apartment.

"What the fuck" I cried out as I wiped my tears, I didn't have time for this crap today, I was currently emotional and, on my period, and I wasn't in the mood for all this.

"What's going on" I said as I stood up and walked towards them, trying to seem intimidating, but I'm sure I wasn't doing a good job about it with my bunny pyjamas, my tears and my 5'3 height, because I heard Stephan stifle a laughter causing me to glare at him.

"Ms Sanders I'm detective Stones and this is my colleague detective Jones with the LAPD, we're here to question you and ask you for your statement on your assault" one of the cops said, making my blood run cold and my face pale up.

"Get out" I said as calmly as I could as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Kendra you need to talk to them, they can help" Killian said sighing.

"And I don't want their fucking help, leave" I yelled out angrily.

"Detectives please wait here for a minute" Aria said as she pulled me into my bedroom.

"Kendra, I think you should speak to them" Aria said as she sat me down.

"Why Aria? Tell me why? I don't want to get the police involved with this, I don't want anyone involved in this, please you have to understand me" I said calmly as I put my heads in my hands.

"You know what Kendra, I really don't understand, explain to me why you wouldn't want to find the man who did ONLY GOD knows what to you" she said angrily as she sighed.

"Don't you understand Aria, I don't know what he did to me. THE ONLY THING which has made me sane throughout this whole ordeal was not knowing, yes it made me worried and freaked out, but I feel it's better than knowing, because knowing makes it real and I don't want it to be real. I don't want to imagine what could have happened to me because there are different scenarios of what could have happened to me Aria, inviting the police would mean that I am accepting that, and if I accept that they will want a statement, and if I give them a statement, they will question everyone who was in the villa with us, EVERYONE ARIA, including your brother. Everyone will be all up in my business, they might send me for counselling or question my reliability due to my medical history, either way this doesn't end up well for me, when all I want to do is forget and pretend this never happened" I said out as quickly as I could as I broke down into tears.

"Ari I really don't want to deal with this, I'm not ready to face this, it's too much for me, I can't" I said as I cried and looked up at her as she walked closer to me and hugged me gently.

"Oh, you poor thing, Ken, I couldn't possibly know what you're going through, but wouldn't you feel more safe and less worried knowing that he won't be able to hurt you or anyone ever again" Ari said as she held me for a while calming me down.

After a while I stood up and with Ari holding my hand, we walked out of my room together me trying to look as confident as I could in this situation.

With my eyes red from all the crying I walked up to the detectives and looked him in the eye.

"I'll talk".