CHAPTER 27

Carter's p.o.v.

It's been about two weeks since I saw the light in Kendra's eyes. I miss her so much, we hadn't spent much time with each other this lifetime, but I missed her already, I wanted to get to know her more.

Since Kendra was placed in a coma everything had been a mess, Aria was all over the place and sad, her brothers were in a mess and then there was me, I didn't know what to do and how to react.

I visited Kendra everyday after spending a long day at work. I just had to see her to make sure she was alright.

After the first few days that she was found I thought the police would have found the culprit or at least figured out the motif, but they still had no lead or motif, only that this might be linked to what happened when we were in the Cannes.

The doctors still haven't found out what was injected into her, but the blue veins and the glowing has faded, they are still visible but faded. I heard her blood was sent to some organisation for testing because they suspected that this might be a new drug in the market, but what the hell do I know about that.

After spending a while with Kendra at the hospital I started suspecting that Hath-Seth was actually behind this, but if I was right why wasn't she dead yet? He never would have made a mistake like that.

I started suspecting that it had something to do with the blue veins that appeared on her body. As I was thinking about this matter there was only one person, I knew who could help me, even though I didn't want to admit it, and I didn't want to ask for help from him, but I needed to, this had to do with Kendra, and she was everything to me.

If this was really Hath-Seth's doing, then I wanted to fight back.

I grabbed my keys and drove to the one place I suspected he would be at. As I entered the empty park, I called out his name and waited for a response.

"Andrew, come out".

"I know you're here or you can hear me" I said spinning around as I walked in different directions, hoping he could hear me.

"Andrew come out already, I'm sure you know Kendra's in the hospital right now, I may not like this, but I need your help" I yelled out angrily.

"What do you want Khufu" I heard someone say in a tired voice.

I turned around to find the source of the voice when I saw him standing by the darkness, typical.

"It's Carter, I'm going to find Hath-Seth, and I'm going to kill him" I said seriously as I looked at him.

"Are you serious or are you bluffing? What has that got to do with me?" he said sighing as I stared at him.

"I'm damn serious, I'm telling you because I need your help and I know you have lots of connections" I said angrily.

"So, what about the part where you told me not to mess with fate? That doesn't matter does it huh? You know I lost everything because of you guys" he said angrily.

"So, tell me, why the fuck should I be helping you?" He said sneering at me still in the darkness.

"Because you hate him as much as we do, he took away your family, and I know you still care about Chay-ara" I said Angrily.

"I still care about Carlotta" he said as he walked into the light and I rolled my eyes.

"So, are we doing this or not?" I asked as he walked up to me.

"I just texted you an address, meet me there in an hour" he said as he disappeared into the night.

I opened my phone and saw a text surely enough with an address, so I went into my car, punched the coordinates into my GPS and then I was off.

It took me about an hour to get to the location. It was somewhere deep in the forest and as I arrived, I saw a big black gate which opened up automatically as I arrived. As I entered, I noticed that there were so many men and women outside each holding a piece of weapon with them.

Vampires. I thought to myself as I drove through the gates and went towards the big mansion at the front. Getting out of my car I saw Andrew waiting by the door for me.

"Took you long enough" he said as I walked up the stairs behind him.

"So, what's the plan, because I'm sure you have one" I said as I waked with him as I was led into the building.

"Well Carter, contrary to what you think you remember from the past, this is not the first time we met after that period. You came to me once and asked for my help, to research on how we could kill Hath-Seth or break the curse" He said as I looked at him in surprise, did I really come here?

"I know what you're thinking and yes, you did in fact ask for my help. Thankfully Hath-Seth never discovered that we were working together, hence why I am still alive. When you came to me for help, I knew you would die again once more, but I had hopes that we would complete our task before then, but unfortunately, we did not and one day without any warning you just stopped showing up, and at that moment I knew, that he had found you again" he said as we entered a big office and he sat down on the couch with me beside him.

"So where is this going to?" I asked wanting him to get to the main point as he poured a glass of scotch for himself.

"What I'm trying to say is that, after you died, I continued my research over the years and I finally came across something, we are not yet sure what Hath-Seth is up to this lifetime, but I will let you know once we do. But..." he said smiling as he took a sip of the scotch in his hands.

"Well, what did you find?" I asked impatiently.

"We might have found a way to kill Hath-Seth" he said as I felt like the whole world just stopped. It was finally going to happen; we were going to be free.

I smiled happily at the thought and looked back at Andrew.

"If you know how to kill him., why haven't you done it yet?" I asked with a hard look on my face.

"You see that's where the problem lies, After centuries of searching we finally found out that Hath-Seth can be killed using one of the elements which was present in your first life, that hasn't been an easy task considering the fact that you were all buried in meteorite in a fucking meteor shower." he said as he stood up and walked around the room angrily.

"Carter everything you guys know about this fucking curse, it's all wrong".