𝐕𝐈𝐈| Confessions of the Heart

Start from the beginning

"Nayeli Iman Kader," Ehsan screeched, not bothering to look at the road, causing Nayeli's heart rate to skyrocket," You held a gun under her chin, but do not know her name? Cyra this is all your terrible teachings," they howled, pointing an accusatory finger at the bewildered woman in the passenger seat.

Cyra whipped around to face Ehsan, eyes ablaze as the two engaged in a staring contest,"DO NOT PUT YOUR SHORTCOMINGS ON ME-"

"LAMP POST," Nayeli screamed, eyes bugging out of their sockets as the car swerved toward the black lamp post on the side of the road, interrupting Cyra mid scream.

"-LIKE YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO DO."

The car swerved away from the lamp post, not without Nayeli getting a heart attack - though, it was a wonder how it did that since Ehsan never looked back at the road, then again, it was most likely Cyra's doing. Nayeli slumped in the back of the plush black leather seat, unbuttoning the vest of her suit that suddenly seemed to choke her, heart racing almost as much as it did in that nerve-wracking encounter with her mystery woman. The two idiots in the front seats, arguing slowly drifted farther away from her as she slipped into her thoughts, one question lingering in her brain.

Who was the mystery woman, but most importantly, in the future, who would she be to Nayeli?

THE HOUR HAND ON THE GOLDEN POCKET WATCH IN NAYELI'S HAND HAD PASSED ONE IN THE MORNING BY THE TIME THEY HAD ALL REACHED THE HOUSE WHERE THEY HAD TAKEN TEMPORARY RESIDENCE IN. By some miracle, they all arrived in one piece, a fortune Nayeli wasn't sure would happen to her after the nerve-wracking drive.

But here she was, sprawled on top of her plush queen bed, her second cigarette of the night in hand, as she stared off into the ceiling, deep in thought.

A trail of smoke snuck out of her lit cigarette,  its wispy path outmatched from the cloud smoke that left her mouth, "I am an idiot," she whispered, suddenly finding the crown moldings in the room extremely interesting.

Cyra and Ehsan chucked from their position on the floor, Cyra playing with Ehsan's hair, as the two shared a look, the stiff carpet that rubbing burning their cheeks,"We know,"  their voices in chorus, Ehsan bumping their had against Cyra's hip when her hand paused for a moment.

"You are supposed to tell me that I am the smartest person ever."

"I am not in the habit of lying," Ehsan sneered politely at the woman, after all ,she was still their boss.

"My dear Ehsan, the amount of lies that are piled in your closet beg to differ," Cyra chortled, adjusting her head scarf slightly before bringing her cigarette to her lips, inhaling the toxins without a thought.

"Lecture me when you learn the right phrase," Ehsan grumbled, causing Cyra to smack them in the head.

"Is it impossible for the two of you to act civilized for at least a moment?" Nayeli groaned, her annoyance only increasing when the other two straight up gave her a no," The conversation I wish to have, calls for beings with higher than two braincells, an attribute the both of you lack."

"I currently only have one available brain cell. The other is planning ways to murder Ehsan, while the others are on vacation. If it is necessary, I can terminate their vacation."