chapter fourty-two

Audrey POV

"Audrey! It is literally your wedding day! Get up!" Faith yells next to me, jumping up and down on the bed.

"Therefore I need my beauty sleep." I moan rolling over.

"No time for that sweetheart." Rydel squeals, as someone strips the warm bed sheet off me.

I groan, stuffing my face into the pillow and everyone laughs, moving away from the bed. I turn onto my back and see all my bridesmaids and Stormie beginning to get ready around the villa. I get up from the bed, putting my custom dressing gown, that Stormie had gotten us all. Mine white and saying bride and the others a burnt orange, saying bridesmaid.

I step out of the villa and can hear my brother's yelling from the boys area, making me giggle. I walk over to my Dad's villa, which he is sharing with Stormie and Mark. Knocking lightly on the door, I am greeted with my dad holding a coffee and still in his pyjamas.

"Good morning baby girl." Dad says, opening the door and hugging me, "Today is the big day."

"I know." I sigh.

"Let's go for a walk." Dad says, putting his cup down.

"We are both still in our pyjamas." I stand back giggling.

"And? They are still clothes." He says, closing his door and we begin taking a lap around the resort that the wedding is being held at.

"It's so surreal." I say, feeling tears come up in my eyes.

"I know. It's the day I have been dreading since you were born." My dad jokes, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, bringing me into his side, as we walk.

"Is it weird that mum isn't here?" I ask looking up to him.

"A little bit, but she is still here. I mean, I see her practically everyday, in nature, in movies, in you." He sighs.

"I just wish somehow, she could be here you know?" I giggle.

"Yea I understand." He replies and unwraps his arms from me.

"I know she is here though. I can feel her." I whisper, as we look out to the people setting up the final pieces of the wedding isle.

"She definitely is. She wouldn't miss it. I can feel her wrapping her arms around both of us and smothering us in kisses." Dad says, making the two of us giggle lightly.

"Exactly, while she rants about how proud she is, but gives me a lecture about never giving myself fully to any male." I joke and we both laugh furthermore.

"God. I miss her." Dad sighs and I can see some tears coming up.

"Me too." I whisper and the first tear of the day falls, "Me too."

"Slipping through my fingers all the time. I try to capture every moment." Faith sings as she sits next to me, while my stylist does final touches to my hair.

"The feeling in it. Slipping through my fingers all the time." I join in, smiling over at her.

I see the photographer, picture that moment and it's moments like this, that I am excited to look back on. I grab her hand and rub my thumb over her palm.

"You look incredible Audrey." Faith says sighing, making me smile and feel tears come up again.

"So do you. I mean, it's so crazy." I say, giggling.

"I know. In less than an hour, you will be walking down that isle." Faith says completely shocked.

"Holy shit." I say widening my eyes.