chapter thirteen

Ross POV

Her brother's attack her with kisses and hugs and I can see in her face that she is so satisfied and happy. It makes me so happy. Everything about her makes me so happy. Truth be told, I asked Rydel about her dress and I matched my tie to hers. I guess I am a cliché like that. 

After the cake, everyone continued to dance, eat and overall just have fun. I spent the majority of the night with my family and watching Audrey. How could I not? She looked perfect. She looked like a princess but I know that if I told her that, she would scoff and roll her eyes at me. 

People slowly move out and the only people left are my family, Audrey's Brooklyn friends and obviously her family. We tried to clean up but her dad stopped us because he said that people are coming tomorrow to clean it up. I see Audrey saying her goodbyes to her Brooklyn friends because they are staying at a hotel not too far from here.

Everyone seems to be getting ready for bed and having some late-night snacks. Our family is staying over, so they are also getting ready for bed. 

Audrey closes the door and turns around, as I lean against the door frame smiling over at her. 

"What are you smiling at Superman?" I love how she still calls me that. 

"Just glad you had a good night Princess." I smirk at her knowing what the reaction will be.

"I hate you." She pushes me lightly giggling. "So you wanted to show me something?" 

This is something that I have been nervous about all night. Her gift isn't huge like some of the boxes I have seen but it something personal and it is hopefully something she appreciates too. I lead her over to the back of her house, where her swinging chair is and a little box and my guitar is sitting there perfectly.

"What is this?" She says holding up the box.

"I didn't think my real gift was going to be good enough so I got this for you as well in case." I said smiling over to her, grabbing my guitar and placing it in my lap as we sit next to each other.

"I am sure it would be. You are being ridiculous. Do I open this now?" She says pointing to the box.

I nod and starting softly playing the guitar watching her. She opens it really delicately, to reveal a collage of photos with her family, friends and us placed in a frame. The main photo in the middle is the photo our two families took on the first night we met. We are all huddled on the couch with pizzas, all making goofy faces.

"Oh my goodness. What the fuck? This is amazing. This is more than enough. How did you get half these photos?" She glances towards me smiling widely. 

"I know some people." I smirk and shrug my shoulders.

"You dork. I love this. Soo what is this present that is supposedly not good enough?" She asks very curiously, looking towards the guitar.

"Well, I wrote a song. It's meant for the show but I wrote it for you." She looks at the guitar and motions for me to continue. 

I start to play Superhero from the show, nervously strumming the chords and looking at her as I start singing. These lyrics definitely resinate with her and our relationship.

Sometimes love's a scary place
It's like standing in the dark
Flying through the universe
Trying to fix your broken heart

It's okay to let it go
You don't have to be so brave
Take a chance if someone else
Is gonna swoop in and save the day

You don't have to face your fears alone
'Cause whenever you're in trouble
I'll know

Let me be your superhero
There isn't a place I won't go
Whenever you need me by your side
I'll be there, be there
Never be afraid if you fall
I'll carry you away from it all
Let me be your superhero

Take off your mask, put down your guard
Don't need a symbol on your chest
It's all right for once to play
The damsel in distress
You're gonna use up all your strength
Trying to be so strong
Don't have to shoulder all the weight
Together we can take it on

You don't have to face your fears alone
....Let me be your superhero

As I finish off the song, I look up to her nervously. Before I knew it she reaches her arms around my neck and hugs me tightly. I wrap my arms around her waist, moving the guitar off my lap. 

"Holy shit. That was...incredible. Can I listen to this like every day?" She giggles and pulls away.

"It will be officially out soon but in the meantime I can just play it to you every day?" I laugh.

"Sounds like a plan. I really really appreciate it. I appreciate you. You are amazing you know that?" She looks intensely in my eyes, full of passion. I also look at her with that same passion. That passion which I have had since the moment I met her less than a month ago. The passion I feel in my stomach every time I am near her. The passion I will probably always feel for only her.

We look into each other's eyes and slowly move towards each other as if a magnet is pulling us together and we cannot pull away. I lick my lips, look down at hers and lookup for approval. She nods and then suddenly our lips are connected. The kiss is slow and passionate. I move my hand to her cheek and waist as he places her hand on my shoulders. We pull away slowly.

"AUDREY! ROSS! WE ARE GOING TO WATCH AN EPISODE OF THE OFFICE! LET'S GO!" I hear Riker yell from around the corner.

She giggles and slowly stands up. She holds her hand out and I accept it, standing up. "I wished for this. For you." I look her in the eyes shocked, yet so excited. 

"You aren't meant to say your wishes. Now we are destined to fail." I joke about, holding both her hands in mine. 

"Shut up. I want this, but you better talk to my brothers and dad first but let's take it slow. I haven't done this before." She says shyly looking down. I can tell she is embarrassed, for no reason though.

I lift her chin with my hand and look at her. "Trust me, I already have a plan in mind. I just had to know that I wasn't the only one who wanted this." I smile picking up my guitar and slowly walk towards the door. "Now let's go watch The Office. Plus I want to get out of this suit and tie before I suffocate." I loosen my tie and we both giggle.

"Ditto." I think we both don't want this moment and that's why we are walking so slowly towards the door. 

This night ended perfectly. I did not think that we would end up kissing or both admitting our feelings for each other, but I am sure as heck glad that we did. Now it's time to bring my full plan into action. First step, the brothers.