chapter twenty-two

Audrey POV

"Who was he?" Ross asks once I sit down.

"His name was Chris. Absolutely disgusting pig, trying to flirt me up." I scoff and roll my eyes. "But don't worry I let him know what he said was wrong."

"Still does not relieve my anger but I am glad you stood your ground." He leans over and kisses me. "You have been dancing with my sister. What about me?"

I laugh and grab his arms pulling him towards the dance floor. We dance as all people do in sweaty crowded areas. 40 minutes go by and I start to feel a bit fuzzy. I just think I am really dehydrated.

"Hey, I have to go to the bathroom." I yell at Ross. He points towards the toilets and I follow his directions.

Once I reach the quiet hallway, I cannot see straight and feel like the room is spinning. I fall into the bathroom and all I can feel is the cold floor on my skin, as well as my heart beating in my ears. The door opens and I turn to see the man from earlier.

"Chr-Chris. What are yo-you doing in in th-the girls bathroom?" I stutter on my words and see him unbuckling his pants. He picks me up and walks into one of the stalls, closing the door.

"Stop. No." I cannot react. My body is paralyzed and everything feels slow.

"Audrey! You in here? Ross asked me to look for you!" I hear Rydel's voice echo.

Chris holds his hand over my mouth so I can't reply.

"Hey, this is a girls bathroom. Get out!" I see Rydel barge through the door and I just stare at her. My body and face are unable to react. "Get the fuck off her."

She pushes him to the wall, making him drop me and fall to the floor. Then, she pulls him out of the girl's bathroom, locking the main door. I watch from the bathroom floor.

"Audrey. Are you okay?" She bends down to me.

"I feel tired." I whisper closing my eyes.

"Hey. Hey. Hey. Keep your eyes open. Can you sit up? What's going on?" Rydel places her hands on my face and I open my eyes. She shifts me up against the stall door, but I fall to the side, unable to keep my posture.

"Rydel! Is everything okay? Is Audrey still in there?" I hear Ross banging on the doors shouting.

Rydel rushes over to the door and opens it. I hear the two talking lightly and then see Ross' shoes run towards the stall I am lying in. He bends down and picks me up. I am placed on the bathroom benchtop and he holds my waist as I stay limp in his arms.

"Hey princess. What is going on? What happened?" He voices soothes me, but I still feel my heart racing and the room turning.

"I felt off. So. So I went to t-the bathroom...and the ro-room was spin-n-ning and I fell into the bathroom...Chris...the man fr-from the uhhh bar came in...he was taking his pa-pants off and th-then brought me into the s-s-stall. Rydel came in after...after that." My speech was scattered, paused and slow, unable to get the words out easy.

"Do you think her drink was drugged?" Rydel asks scaredly.

"Don't Rydel. Not the time...I cannot believe I am saying this but...get James." Ross says pulling me back starring at my features.

"No...James will...will be angry." I reply.

"I know sweets but I need help okay?" He kisses my cheek gently. "Can you smile for me?" I stare at him, trying my best to move my facial features but unable to.

I hear the door bang open and I look over slowly to see James' face blowing up in anger. His muscles were tensed, the veins on his neck were protruding and his fists were clenched. He rushes towards me still angry. "What happened? Who the fuck did this?"