chapter five

Audrey POV

The week is finally done. Well technically, but Friday has always been family day, including dad and it's the fourth Friday of the month. Meaning it is Friday Family Football. Hell yea. I am so pumped. People may think that because I am a girl, I am not as good as my brothers in football but little do people know I am probably the best in the family. Just a natural at it.

I hear yelling downstairs. Pretty typical in my family, you barely ever get some peace and quiet. I get changed into my football outfit, which my dad got for us all for Christmas. We all have matching jerseys with our birth years on the back with Logan up the top of the back. I find it absolutely adorable and as much as the boys complain. They secretly love it too.

I walk downstairs to see all the boys ready with one black line of paint on each cheek. "Right so what are we fighting about this time?" I state grabbing a bowl from a cupboard and putting some yoghurt with granola on top of it.

"Max thinks he has the audacity to say that I am the fourth best player in the family, when I am clearly the second best." Dylan said seriously offended.

I roll my eyes and with a mouth full of yoghurt I said. "So what? That's his opinion. Now shut up and finish your cheerios." I wash my bowl and grab the black paint putting the same lines on my face. "Lets go boys. DAD TIME TO ROCK AND ROLL."

We all pile into the van and head to the closest park, knowing that no annoying kids will be there since it's technically a school day.

"Audrey did Ross make any moves while you two were home alone?" James said poking his head from behind me.

"Nope. Nothing happened." I said not even looking at him. He moves back and joins the conversation with the boys.

As we get out, I notice another family is here but I am not too fussed because there is plenty of room for us both.

"Yo dudes. What's up?" I look over to see that the other family is actually the boys from yesterday plus some others.

"Hey Dylan. We are playing some football. And you?" I believe the brunette boy named Rocky said. We walk towards them and I see Ross and another boy tossing a football around. He does a double-take looking at me, smiles and waves at me. Just as he does so the football is thrown at his head and he stumbles to the floor.

I giggle and walk over towards Max, Dylan and Liam, who is talking to who I think is Rocky and Riker.

"Dylan we sort of need to play a game of football for it to be Family Football Friday." I said to him as the conversation dies down.

"Right. Alrighty. Well we will see you guys later." Just as we were about to walk away Dad came up behind us and shares an idea. "Why don't you verse their family? Seeing as you guys fight every time about who is on who's team. Plus I can chat with their parents."

"Fine but you better be a decent match." I huff and look towards the other boys seriously.

"Oh we will be. In fact, get ready to lose, pretty thing." Rocky states walking away smirking.

Ew. All my brothers laugh since they know how much I hate any form of pet name. Especially to do with looks. I am not insecure just don't care about looks.

My brothers and I huddle together strategising for the game. "Oi Riker. Who is your best player?!" James yells to the other group huddled together as well.

"Probably Ross. Why?" Riker yells back standing up from the group.

"Well tell Ross to get ready because Audrey is about to whip his ass."

Periodt. This boy who practically saw me naked is gonna wish he never became friends with this family. Once we finish stretching, we walk towards the playing area.

"I guess we are paired up." I said to Ross crossing my arms in front of him.

"Yeah but don't worry I will go easy on you." He said winking at me.

I roll my eyes looking at him sternly. "Bring it."

Ross POV

After last night, I kept on thinking about Audrey and that moment we shared. where we were so close to each other. Was that a sign? Did she even mean to do that? Should I have kissed her?

"Ross, we are going down to the park with Ellington and playing football." Rydel tells me popping her head into the door.

"Okay let me shower and get changed. I will be down in a sec." I jump out of bed and walk down the hall to the bathroom.

While I was in the shower I couldn't help but daydream about Audrey. Maybe I should invite her. Surely she knows how to play football, being in a family full of boys. Oh forget it. I wouldn't even be able to contact her in time and she probably has school anyway.

I get out of the shower and change into some gym shorts and a casual t-shirt. I walk towards the front door to see everyone waiting, including Ellington.

"Alright. Now that Ross is ready lets go." My dad said grabbing the keys and walking out towards the van.

Once we got to the park, Ellington and I start throwing the ball as Rocky and Riker start setting up the cones for the game, while Rydel and Ryland were fooling around for R5TV. After about ten minutes I see another car pull up but I just ignore it and keep throwing the ball around, until I hear Rocky and Riker talking to someone.

I look over and see Audrey. Like THE Audrey. The one I have been thinking about all night and day. She looks at me and gave me a smile. I wave and smile back at her, just staring until I felt something hard come into contact with my head and I stumble to the floor. Ugh. Now she definitely thinks I am a complete idiot.

"Okay, so we are versing their family." Rocky said jogging over to us with Riker.

"Well, that shouldn't be too hard. We are pretty good and we have more years on some of them." I said referring to the little boys.

"They are cute and let's be honest I am probably at the same level as them." Rydel said making us all laugh.

"Oi Riker. Who is your best player?!" James yells.

"Probably Ross. Why?"

"Well tell Ross to get ready because Audrey is about to whip his ass." He yells back laughing.

Yes! I get to verser her! Impress her and make her actually notice me.

I walk to the centre of the field with the ball as cool as I can, meeting Audrey in the middle.

"I guess we are paired up." She said all innocent and smiling nicely as she crosses her arms in front of her.

"Yeah, but don't worry I will go easy on you." I said winking at her. Nice Ross. Smooth.

She rolls her eyes not looking impressed. Oh no.

"Bring it."

How did she beat me?

"Awe. Don't pout too much. It's pretty windy and you don't want to look like that forever." She said running over to me giggling.

She held the football under her arm and tilts her body to the side, so she is leaning more on one foot. Damn, she is so adorable.

"How does it feel losing to a girl Ross?!" Rydel says pushing the camera into my face.

I look dead into the camera. "I was just doing some charity work you know."

"Hey! That is so not the truth. I totally whipped your ass. Also Rydel what are you doing?" Audrey said pushing me slightly and looking towards the camera.

"It's for R5TV. Say hi."

"HEYYY!" She says while waving at the camera with a big cheesy grin. Again. So adorable.

Rydel moves to Riker and started filming him.

Once I realised we are alone and nobody is watching us. I think that it is a perfect time for me to make a move.

Oop. What's going to be his move?? Tea