chapter twenty-three

Ross POV

"Superman. What's- what's wrong?"

I look up and see Audrey slowly opening her eyes. I rush over to her bedside and grab her hand. She tries to sit up but struggles intensely.

"Hey. Hey. Hey. Just relax. You are okay. Just rest up."

I place my hands on her shoulders and she nods reluctantly. I press the nurse button and the nurse from earlier rushes in. Audrey slowly looks over at her.

"Oh hello, sweetheart. How do you feel?"

They begin to talk about Audrey's state at the moment and walks out. Soon her dad comes in.

"Pumpkin! You are awake." He rushes to her side, places his coffee on the side table and hugs her.

"I am sorry dad." She begins to cry and he brushes through her hair, pulling her head into his chest.

"It's okay. I am not mad. I was just worried. I didn't want to lose you. Anyone but you." I hear his voice break and I can hear him begin to cry.

--

Two days later Audrey was sent home and she is much better now. She can talk, walk and everything like she usually did. She has had to flush all her system, so she has only been drinking water and eating minimal food. I can tell she is getting very hangry. When we explained everything that happened, she was furious. It took almost an hour to calm her down.

"Ross. We are getting In and Out right now before I snap someone's limb off." She grabs my arm and pulls us towards the front door.

Dylan looks at me with raised eyebrows mouthing 'good luck'. I widen my eyes, kind of frightened to see what is going to happen next.

"Are you sure you want to drive?" I ask frightened as she gets her keys out. She just furously nods and gets into the drivers seat.

As we hit the moterway, she goes as fast as she can, swerving in between cars, not indicating or breaking as often as she should. We reach the fast food restraunt and see a line that will take around 30 minutes.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" She yells banging her hands against the wheel.

"Did you expect anything less?" I joke about looking at her.

She sighed and laid back into the chair. She put the car in park and brought her legs to her chest, resting her chin on her knees. She looks over to me with apologetic eyes.

"I am sorry for being crazy bitch."

I laugh and shake my head. "Trust me Rydel is the same when she is hangry."

"I am not hangry. Just..frustrated about the whole roofies thing." I see her tense up and before she starts ounchins something, I grab her hand.

"Talk to me. We just sort of yelled about it and didn't discuss about it." I rub my thumb over the back of her hand.

"I am mad I let it happen to me...and just scared it will happen again." I see a tear fall down her cheek, as she looks straight ahead.

"I understand that but it's just a lesson now." I try to empathise and reason with her.

I didn't want to fight with her again. That night at the hospital was really intense. We were both shouting at each other and I lashed out, throwing a chair across the room. She pushed me away when I tried to apologise to her and she told me to get out. That was our first fight and I do not want to have another one like that with her anytime soon.

"What was I like? When I was all, you know, drugged up?" Another tear falls down her face and I reach up and wipe it away, holding her cheek.

"You were just limp. You couldn't stand or sit by yourself. Unable to talk clearly. So...how you are like before bed." I joke to try, lightening the mood and I see her laugh quietly. "I was really scared. I never want to see you like that again."