chapter eleven

Ross POV

"Nice work today guys! With 5 minutes to spare as well!" Andre said as we finish finalising our new written song. 

Cheers go around as well all grab our stuff and start to head off. We pile into the car and all my mum letting her know we are on our way. 

"Hey sweeties! How did today go?" My mum's voice echos through the car. We all reply with hello's and hey's

"They did really well today honey. In fact celebrator dinner-worthy." My dad said leaning over to all of us smiling and getting excited.

"Well looks like I got to get the chicken and dumplings out then." We all yell with excitement, laughing and high fiving each other. "Oh, also honey's. Audrey called wanting to hang out so maybe you should plan to meet up with her soon. For lunch or something.

For lunch or something. For lunch or something. For lunch or something. It just echoes through my brain.

Oh shit. I was meant to get lunch with Audrey today. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I hurriedly grab my phone from my pocket and turning it on as fast as I can.

"Looks like Ross is already onto it." Riker yells towards the front making everyone else laugh.

This is no laughing matter. I just completely blew off a potential first date with someone whom I think is the perfect human. I hear everyone wish their goodbyes as my phone turned on finally and the notifications started rolling through.

2 texts from Dylan

4 texts from Audrey

1 missed phone call from Audrey.

I swipe onto Dylan's text message hoping for the best and that I am freaking out for no reason.

Dylan: What the hell bro? You really let Audrey down.

Dylan: I have never seen her like this with a boy. You better fucking do something to make up for it. Good luck bro

I ignore them and go onto Audrey's messages breathing in deep to prepare. 

Audrey: Hey. I am here. I will get us a table.

Audrey: Hey. You all good? You must be a pretty slow driver ahah. Don't worry. See you soon :)

Audrey: I hope you are alright. I ordered without you sorry. Maybe I will see you soon?

Audrey: Hey. Great meal aye? Would love to do it again. You better fucking see the sarcasm there. Really disappointed in you Ross. I thought you were different...

God I am such a fucking idiot. By the time I finished reading the messages we got home. Everyone rushed out of the car and I slowly walk into the house, trying to plan out what to do next. I walk into the kitchen, while everyone else runs into their rooms or the living room. 

My mum is in the kitchen with an apron around her waist stirring something in a pot. "Hey, sweets. You okay?" She turns around and I look up to her with teary eyes. She rushes to hug me and combing through my hair. I start to properly sob and she guides me outside, where the cool breeze hits me and calms me down. "What's going on bub?"

I lean back and look her in the eyes. "I messed up mum. I messed up big time." I continue to explain everything, trying my best to give reasoning, but ultimately blaming myself for everything. "Now she will never want to be with me. See she is disappointed in me." I show her the texts.

"Mmm, even I don't know what to say, sweets. You have dug yourself a bit of a hole but Dylan has a bit of hope there. Do something big to prove her otherwise. But first, call her and try to reason out with her." She rubs my arm, kisses my head and then walks away.