chapter eight

Audrey POV

"So how has the move been?" Mark said putting some potato salad into his mouth.

"Really well. Definitely different from Brooklyn but we have loved it so far." My Dad said while pouring some more red wine into his glass.

"Why don't you all go to school?" Ryland asks.

"We do just not physically. Except Brad but that has only been recently and that was his decision. I guess it's just easier with the move." I said smiling over to them. "Moving from Logan family talk, are you guys excited for the new album?"

"So pumped. I mean once we finish. We will be able to travel all over the world." Riker said happily.

"All over the world? Like Australia and all?" Max says surprised.

"Yep. With the whole family and Ellington. Couldn't think of anything better." Stormie smiling at his family.

"I wish we could travel with the full family again." Brad mumble while playing with his food. The table is silent after that and everyone heard the sombre comment my younger brother said.

"Brad you know-" My father is cut off by my brother getting up."

"I need to use the bathroom. Excuse me."

"Sorry, this had to happen. I will go check upon him." My dad said putting his napkin on the table.

"No it's alright. You stay here." I said getting up and smiling at the group as I walk off.

I walk up the stairs and knock on Brad's door. "Go away."

I disregard his comment and walk in anyway, to see him on his bed staring at the ceiling. I close the door leaning against the door, with some comfortable silence. I walk towards his bedside to see a framed photo of us in the snow, with mum. "I love this photo. You may not remember but on that day, we all went walking on the frozen lake and James fully fell in. It wasn't funny at the time but nothing makes me laugh more than that." I said giggling while grabbing the photo frame and laying down beside him.

"I don't but that is pretty funny. I could only imagine how dad would have reacted."

"He almost fell in trying to grab him." I laugh facing towards him. "I know it's hard. Not having mum around. She really is unforgettable."

"I can't even remember her. I didn't get enough time with her. I just feel like something is missing." He said still looking at the ceiling while a tear fell down.

"I know and I cannot even imagine how hard that must be but although you may not have time with her physically. She will always be watching you grow up and trust me when I say she would be proud of the person you are growing up to be. Hey. I have something to give you. Stay here." I run to my room and open my drawer to grab a keyring. I run back over to his room and see him sitting up on the bed.

"Here." I said handing out the keyring which has a silver engraving of our old house with Logan put on the back.

"What is it?" He said reaching out to it.

"Mum gave it to me when I was eight because we were getting renovations done. We were out of the house for 3 months and I would do nothing but complain." I said sighing and hugging him from the side. "Mum said to me, as long as you keep this. You will always have a home because home is family. Not a house, not a car, not a state or anything. Basically, hold onto this and you will always have a home. You will never have something to miss." I kiss the top of his head and he smiles wiping away his tears. There is a knock at the door during the sweet moment we were sharing.

"Hey...umm. Your dad wanted me to check up on you and we are starting to have dessert." Ross said poking his head through the door.

"Go on. I know apple pie is your favourite. I will be down there in a minute." I say patting his back and watching him walk out. I stare at Ross and get up brushing my dress off. "Well, that took a turn of events."

He laughs. "It definitely did." He leans across the doorframe with crossed arms. "So what did happen to your mum? Your dad mentioned she isn't in the picture anymore. You don't have to say now but I want you to know that I am here if you need it."

"As much as I would love to Superman. Emotions just aren't really my thing, maybe a couple more weeks. If you aren't in ashes by my brothers." I giggle moving towards Ross and messing up his hair. He takes a step back and pouts. "Awe come on. Don't be sad."

"Do you know how long this hair takes to maintain?" He said pointing towards it. I lean up and comb through his hair. I could feel him staring at me and I look down into his hazel eyes too. "You really do have gorgeous eyes."

I could feel myself getting warm and butterflies start rising in my stomach. "Umm...We should probably uhh get down there. Don't want cold apple pie. Ha." I said walking away.

Why did I do that? The first time a guy shows interest in me and I just walk away. What's wrong with me? I walk down to the rest of our families laughing about something. I turn to see Ross with his head down as he follows me. "Thanks. You aren't too bad yourself." He looks up smiling.

"It ended up being an incredible night. Thank you for inviting us." Stormie says wrapping her arms around all of us and ending with me.

"No problem. We have to do something again." I said giggling towards them.

"Actually we definitely will. Considering what is coming up." My dad said smirking at me and all the boys smiling.

"What's coming up?" Ross questions.

"It's Audrey's eighteenth and as much as she does not want to do anything. We have to do something and you guys will be there as well." James said slightly pushing me. I roll my eyes and wish them all goodbye keeping my eyes locked on Ross' for a little longer.