Chapter 29

Set Up

Annoyed, Bettina woke up from her bed when the person outside her unit rang the doorbell one after another, mukhang hindi makapaghintay ang kung sinong tarantado na nasa labas which made her very annoyed. What she fucking doesn't like at all is that someone's disturbing her sleep. It's only six o'clock in the morning but someone yells at her at this early. No one will be happy with this.

Irritated when she left the room, she slammed the door shut before lazily walking towards the main door. But her irritation immediately disappeared when John Paul's face appeared in front of her eyes. She smiled at the latter and was about to hugged him tight but she was startled by what he did next. Nagpupuyos sa galit ang mga mata nito kasabay ng biglaang pagsakal ng kanang kamay nito sa leeg niya, he even pushed her into her unit before he deliberately closed the door. Oh gosh! W-what is he trying to do?

"J-john Paul, let me go!"   she hissed, trying to breathe air but he has difficulty.

John Paul strangled her too tightly.

"I will not let go of this neck of an evil creature like you!"

"W-what are you saying, John Paul? W-what did I do to you to h-hurt me like t-this!?"

"Are you really asking me!? Do you think I will never know how you insulted my father!? You have no respect for my father!"

Mas lalong umawang ang kanyang labi na nagkakandarapang lumanghap ng hangin nang marinig ang dahilan ng pagkagalit nito. So he already knew what she did to his father yesterday inside a cake shop. That fucking intriguing Xeldre Samonte immediately entered her mind, mukhang nagpapasikat ang babaeng iyon kay John Paul.

Halata naman na pinagaganda ng buwiset na babaeng iyon ang sariling imahe sa paningin ni John Paul, while destroying her name. And she couldn't allow what Xeldre wanted to happen. That stupid woman wants this kind of fight ah, then she will give it to her. She has done a lot of bad things just to get what she wants, she doesn't care if she steps on someone. And she will make sure that Xeldre regrets that she made her foe.

"Ano, hindi ka makasagot ngayon kasi totoo!? You didn't respect my dad!"

"S-sorry, forgive me if I have not been able to r-respect your f-father, John Paul."

"And do you think I can just forgive you just like that!?"

"J-john Paul, I didn't mean to i-insult your father! If I only found out r-right away, I might even be the one to s-spend what your d-dad wants to buy."

"And what a fool that is, Bettina!? Do you think you can convince me of your reason!?"   he violently released her neck. Her cough was constant and she was trying to catch her breath, she firmly holds on to her neck which was slightly red.

"Do you think that if you freed my father from anything, I would be pleased with you? Fucking no!"

"Why are you so mad at me? I have no intention of insulting your father. It's just, I don't know him yet, h-hindi ko talaga sinasadya na bastusin siya."   she explained, pero mukhang sarado ang isip nito.

"It's all Xeldre's fault, she didn't tell me right away that the old man she's with at the cake shop was your father. Isa pa, as soon as I found out that your father was the old man from yesterday, I planned to apologize but that Xeldre just pulled your father away."   she added.

Well, it was a lie. She said that she planned to apologize to that fucking old man. But she is not into such thing and even more so in her vocabulary to apologize and be humble especially when it comes to a poor old man like John Paul's  father. Honestly, kung hindi lang tatay ni John Paul ang buwiset na matandang lalaki na iyon ay baka kung ano na ang nagawa niya sa uugod-ugod na matandang iyon.