A Twist of Tales (Stony)

Part 2!!

•●•●•●•●•

Prince Rogers nodded sternly and took the other man's hand in his. However, he did feel a bit nervous around the man before him.

He wished the person who was hosting the party didn't even think about anything as silly as this. But he wasn't complaining though, the man in front of him was very attractive and has beautiful and vibrant brown locks in which he knew he'd be teased if Bucky was here. His hair was stood up, a black suit perfectly figuring his structure and his goatee made Steve weak.

Though, his mind still didn't pass the thought of Loki being in another's arms. He was upset but, strangely enough... he wasn't jealous. He just felt a bad vibe about Strange, but he knew he was just looking out for Loki.

He's protective cause he's seen up close how Loki's very fragile and it just seems that Strange might break him somehow.

However, "So, are we going to dance or are you just going to stare at me the whole night? I know I'm a hotshot but it's kinda weird that a literal prince is gushing over me." Tony said with a wink.

A blush appeared on the prince's face, sliding his hands out of Tony's, nervous.

"Sorry..."

Tony chuckled and pulled Steve closer to him, 'we'll just have to make the most of this'. "C'mon, your highness, dance with me~"

"Alright..." Steve placed his left hand on Tony's waist, the other intertwining his with the other's.

Steve felt a spark between them, his breaths coming in short. His hands getting sweaty and clammy, he hoped that the man in front of him didn't notice.

Unfortunately, Tony noticed, concerned, "Are you alright, Prince Rogers?"

He wasn't able to lie nor avert his eyes from Tony's cause he knew that the man can read him like an open book, so he admitted, "No."

Tony furrowed his eyebrows and removed his hand from Steve's. At first, the prince thought Tony was making the right decision and was going back to Stephen but suddenly a soft hand caressed Steve's cheek.

"I know we just met but, care to open up to me?"

The prince thought for a second, 'was this normal to the people of the real world?' He didn't know he could trust Tony just like that. Having a "feeling" about him doesn't help either. And it could also risk himself and his marriage with Loki. He didn't know where that idea came from but to him, opening up to someone or even trusting someone would lead to unintentional feelings.

He mentioned before that he wasn't going to let this little thing creep up on him, but seeing Tony in front of him, a look of concern leaking from his expression, just made him question his own feelings for Loki. Don't get him wrong, Loki was a really nice, determined and attractive man but they really didn't talk about anything personal when they were on their outing. Which led Steve to believe that if he opens up to Tony, he'll fall deeper in his dilema.

He knew he was overreacting, but he never fell in love before. Well, he thought he did when he was with Loki, but seeing this man in front him made him realize that what he felt for Loki was pity. Not pity for the raven haired man but for himself. He pitied himself for not being able to find his true love, and seeing Loki for the first time was just something his mind believed that he should like him.

But his heart screamed for Tony.

Steve dropped his hand from Tony's waist and Tony dropped his hand that was on the prince's cheek and said, "It's just... this whole thing about Loki, Stephen... you," Tony's eyes widen a bit but Steve ignored it and continued, "It's all confusing. I'm sorry I ruined your night. I shoul-" he cuts himself off and ran towards the terrace of the building, hoping no one saw him.

The prince just needed some time to breathe. He didn't know what came over him, he was just hit by a wave of anxiety. He just needed some time alone, 'Was this what Loki was feeling when we first met?'

He needed to think about this thoroughly. Surely, he wasn't falling for a guy he just met. He can't help it, though, Tony's aura of kindness and snarkiness just drew him in. The world he lives in, love just comes crashing onto you so suddenly. Which was something he never felt for Loki.

However, not long after, Tony followed suit.

"You okay, Steve?" They were both leaning against the railings, their shoulders touching. Tony placed his hand, once again, on Steve's cheek which only left the option for the prince to look at him.

"No..."

"Then tell me what's wrong."

Steve inhaled and exhaled quickly. 'Now or never, I guess.'

He sighed, making Tony's hand shift and was removed from his face and looked straight ahead, avoiding eye contact, "This is all just so confusing." He glanced at Tony, "seeing you here here tonight made me question my feelings for Loki."

He heard a small gasp but didn't pay much attentiom to it, "It's only been hours since we've met but I just feel this connection with you. Sounds cliche, doesn't it?" He looked at Tony, "I just hope this doesn't change the way you see me as a prince, as a person."

"Steve, I--"

"And I know you already have Stephen with you so--"

For, the nth time tonight, Steve was once again interrupted by someone shouting his name.

"Steve!"

•●•●•●•

I just read through this before publishing and damn, this was so dramatic T_T

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this!

•●•●•●•

I also wanna take this chance to thank you all so much for sticking with this book! it has almost beem 3 years (i started when I was 13 and now I'm turning 16 this thursday🤧) since I published this and we just hit 77k reads! that's insane! I never would have thought this was going to get that much attention but I am very thankful anyway. I genuinely appreciate all of your comments (I can't reply to all of them cause i haven't been on this acc for a while now), ya'll don't know how much that means to me. Thank you!💛