Chapter 48

Diggy's P.O.V.

I watched as Danielle played with my car keys making rattling sounds and Dwayne slept his little life away in his carrier.

Diggy-*Chuckles*

Tonight was YN's final championship game before the season was over.

It was a dual game though so YN wouldn't be playing other girls. She was actually going to be playing Miami Heat.

Music began to play as the lights dimmed and players began to run out.

When I get up all in ya,

We can hear the angels callin' us,

We can see the sunrise before us,

And when I'm in that thing, I make that body sing, I make it say

Wee ooh wee ooh wee

Music blared and fans began to cheer.

Angela-*Giggles* YN looks so focused.

My family and YN's came to meet Dwayne but only Angela and Russy stayed for a few extra days when everyone else went home. Bryshere was here too but he lived in LA so it was different.

YN-*Wink at Diggy from the court*

Diggy-*Licks his lips* You got this bae. I mouthed to her.

YN-*Smile and begin to dribble the basketball*

YN P.O.V.

The game was going good. 81-84. We were winning by 3 points. It was time for the final shot and it was me and Dwayne Wade playing defense.

YN-*Put your arms in the air and begin to shuffle side to side*

Dwayne-How tall are you? He asked me while looking at my sneakers.

YN-*Chuckle* 5 foot 7. I said while focusing on my team mates behind him.

Dwayne-Your short! He says catching the ball and running towards the net.

YN-*Run after him*

Dwayne was about to make a slam dunk but that would have let his team win the game.

I jumped up and blocked his shot...well, I tried to.

Dwayne grabbed me by my waist and held onto me.

YN-*Smack the ball into the net*

I saw the veins in Dwayne's arm begin to bulge as he held onto the rim of the net and supported both of our weight.

Dwayne-*Grabs it from underneath the opening of the net and slams it back in*

Dwayne slammed the ball so hard that the glass that held the backboard together shattered.

Dwayne-Fuck. Hold on tight! He spoke to me as he tightened his grip on my waist and we began to fall from mid-air.

I heard gasps, screams, and sneakers stop shuffling on the floor as Dwayne and I fell.

YN-UGHHH! I gasped as my body hit the hardwood floor of the court.

Dwayne was right next to me with a bloody nose but I couldn't see him clearly and my hearing was becoming more and more static like.

YN-*Scream*

My wrist and head hurt like no pain I could ever describe.

I saw Diggy and my manager Kim try and rush over to me but Bryshere had already scooped me up.

Bryshere-*Lifts you onto a stretcher and grabs your hand* YN how old are you?

YN-1-18.

Bryshere-What's your husbands name? Don't fall asleep on me sis.

YN-Daniel...

I felt my eyes getting heavy.

Bryshere kept on asking me questions as paramedics wheeled me off of the court and I fell asleep against Bryshere's word...

Diggy's P.O.V.

I watched my wife fall from the sky and fall hard onto the floor.

Danielle-MAMA! She screamed and covered her eyes.

Angela-Oh my gosh!

Bryshere-*Runs onto the court*

Russy-*Stands up and grabs Danielle off of my lap*

I caught up with Kim and we began to rush to YN's side.

Diggy-Bry!

Bryshere was too focused on YN.

Kim-Dig follow me!

I ran after Kim as fans screamed, cried and snapped pictures in the crowd.

-2 Hours Later-

Diggy-*Sniffles*

I was at the hospital with Russy, Bryshere, Angela and my kids as we waited for news on YN's condition.

Dr-*Clears his throat* The Simmon's family?

Diggy-*Stands up* T-that's us. *Wipes his tears*

Dr.-YN suffered bad head trauma. It looks like she not only hit the left side of her skull but also the right. She also has a fractured wrist and a busted jaw.

Diggy-*Looks up at the sky and takes a deep breath*

Bryshere-Is there anything else?

Russy-Is she going to be okay? *Rocking Danielle to sleep in his arms*

Dr.-I'm sorry to say, but she's in a deep coma.

Diggy-My baby. I mumbled to myself.

Angela-*Sniffles* Can we see her? *Holding Dwayne*

Dr.-Of course. Just be mindful of the babies, wouldn't want them to touch anything harmful.

Angela-*Nods her head*

We followed the doctors to YN's hospital room.

I walked in first and saw my wife in a state of complete misery.

YN had a breathing mask stuck to her face with medical tape, an IV that was slowly dripping her blood into a clear bag next to her hospital bed, a white gauze wrapped around her head that had a few blood spots, and fresh, tight stitches on the right side of her jaw, her wrist was probably the most pleasant thing to look at. It was wrapped up in a large white bandage.

Diggy-*Walks over to your hospital bed* *Kisses your cheek and grabs your hand*

YN was completely motionless.

Diggy-*Sniffles* I love you baby. I kept on mumbling to YN.

We prayed, held YN's hands, watched tv, and even tried to watch some funny vine videos until it got really late.

Diggy-*Kisses your nose* Baby, I don't wanna leave you. I gotta get Dwayne and Danielle home though. I love you, I'll be back. *Brushes his thumb across your cheek*

I pulled the blankets over YN's body a little more then turned her light off as I carried Danielle in my arms and Dwayne in my hand in his carrier and proceeded to leave the hospital.